Next Oulton driftday Saturday July 25th

Steve H

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right I have myself a dilema, yesterday I invested in a std 98 1.8 mx-5, I have plans to turn it into a trackday toy, :drive1 with a few modifications, SUPERCHARGER, suspension, brakes and LSD. Now do I bring this to Oulton Park or the ZED? had a little slidy fun earlier and really had to work it hard to keep it sliding without an lsd, so dont know how well ill be able to link the drifts, I can do it in the zed with ease (most of the time).

Right I have myself a dilema, yesterday I invested in a std 98 1.8 mx-5, I have plans to turn it into a trackday toy, :drive1 with a few modifications, SUPERCHARGER, suspension, brakes and LSD. Now do I bring this to Oulton Park or the ZED? had a little slidy fun earlier and really had to work it hard to keep it sliding without an lsd, so dont know how well ill be able to link the drifts, I can do it in the zed with ease (most of the time).

Bring the mx-5 man! Thats the whole point of having it! Im there in the rx7, so we can have a battle of the beasts :lol:

My diff is welded, so it'l be easier to drift, but it handles like a boat - but the mx-5 should be light and agile, so both cars will be fun!

... or see if you can find somewhere to weld your diff this week - should be a quick cheap job.

I thought about welding it, but i wanna use it for proper trackdays n not just drifting, drove my mates e30 with welded diff this afternoon n didnt like it. I did buy the car to stop myself from sliding the zed around burning out tyres and eventually crashing it. If I can get a diff this week ill def bring it :-)

You ll be fine in the mx-5 m8! There is not much traction on the tracks anyway so you will not need more power... ;)

Thing is tho you have to drive to oulton park in the banger first!!! :p:lol:

Darren bring the mx5! dan is bringing his too!!! although it does have a slippy on his one, but you will be fine there was a few cars up there when i went which didnt have lsd and did fine due to the surface i think :teeth:

I could always bring the zed up for you ;):lol:

You ll be fine in the mx-5 m8! There is not much traction on the tracks anyway so you will not need more power... ;)

Ill be more inclined to crash to though, just ordered a torsen diff for it, hopefully it will come by thurs :teeth:

Im going to get both cars ready, put the rays on the zed and toss a coin on friday morning :D

Ill be more inclined to crash to though, just ordered a torsen diff for it, hopefully it will come by thurs :teeth:

Im going to get both cars ready, put the rays on the zed and toss a coin on friday morning :D

Thats why im bringing my zed too - so if our shitbox goes bang, we have a backup :lol:

Spent all night on it tonight with my mates... painted the wheels silver and have been making some camera mounts. Got one between the seats, and drilled one through the dash, which works great!

You want to join me n my mates racing team? Team SBR (s**t box racing) My mate alex is coming with me now n he also ha s/box a charged mx-5, so I now have the choice of 3cars :blush:

Definitely...! Lets get rtbiscuit to knock us up some vinyls :lol:

I cant wait for sat mate... its gonna be much more fun with crap cars as we wont be worried about bending them!

So i ll be the only Zed!!!!!! :angry:

Think Darren of the 5 hour drive in the banger..... :p:lol:

It will be much more fun in it tho....u wont care a bit!!! :drive1

Its not actually that much of a banger.....yet, also just discovered that has a dodgey wheel bearing on the front :blush: so tryin to get that sorted for as little as possible. Oh keith, what time and where are we meeting on fri AM?

I cant wait either, been for my little practise earlier :drive1 really need to watch my rear tyres now as there just a little bit low ;)

See you sat, ill be the 1 trying to link every turn on both circuits :drive1:scare:

Both circuits at the same time!!!! :scare:

Got to watch this..... :p:lol:

I ll have my camera with me and get some proper videos from the hill!!! :drive1B):#1: