I-Pod/I-Phone connection to standard BOSE Unit?

larsdowg

Hi everyone,

04 plate 350Z-GT

I am sure someone knows the answer to this, I am looking at getting an Ipod of Iphone and wonder if this can be connected somehow to the standard ZED BOSE Headunit. I am not bothered with fancy displays on head units just wonder if they can interact? Is there a simple AUX cable I can connect from the back of the head unit as I havent had it wout of the dashboard yet therefore don't know what the back connectors are like for MP3 player connections.

Also does anyone presently use an Iphone through the bluetooth phone kit in the car? Does it work ok?

Cheers everyone appreciate your comments and help on this one,

Larsdowg

Hi,

I have Dension unit that is hardwired into a fm channel so no interference like the fm transmitters can give you. Works great with my Iphone 3g and the bluetooth connection works great too as long as your not driving about 60mph as the cabin noise can get a bit loud.

And.

Hi,

I have Dension unit that is hardwired into a fm channel so no interference like the fm transmitters can give you. Works great with my Iphone 3g and the bluetooth connection works great too as long as your not driving about 60mph as the cabin noise can get a bit loud.

And.

Cheers for the replies everyone

Neverheard of this Dension unit?....... do you have it linked inot your standard BOSE Unit?

Any site links or fitting instructions available?

thanks

Larsdowg

If you do a search on here, you will find loads of info, but to make it short you can either:

- get an iPod FM transmitter

- modify the Bose tapedeck to an AUX input

- buy an aftermarket HU with iPod connection

cheers for the reply

what do you mean by:

modify the Bose tapedeck to an AUX input?

Can you buy something that will plug in or....... well I don't know what to ask really. Not to up on non-standard kit in Cars apart from upgrading speakers :blush: (but not in the ZED!!)

cheers

Rick

Hi,

And.

Neverheard of this Dension unit?....... do you have it linked inot your standard BOSE Unit?

thanks

Larsdowg

Yes its linked to standard BOSE unit. check out the following:

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/Densi ... _Modulator

I think they are £50 from Halfords at the moment and that might even include fitting!

If you want any more info, pics of mine installed etc happy to help.

And.

Hi,

And.

thanks

Larsdowg

Yes its linked to standard BOSE unit. check out the following:

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/Densi ... _Modulator

I think they are £50 from Halfords at the moment and that might even include fitting!

If you want any more info, pics of mine installed etc happy to help.

And.

Thanks Andy I will have to look into this over the weekend and see how I get on.....

Been on Halford and yes they are under £50 :thumbs:

Cheers

Larsdowg

:scare: I wouldn't let any one from halfords touch my zed :scare:

+1 - I got a very hefty compensation cheque from them after they bollockesed up my Celica!

Nissan Main Dealers do an aux connection to the Bose Unit. Part costs around £60 + fitting. There are other superior alternatives though mentioned above :thumbs:

Interesting, got any details on this?

Just going to see if I can find the accessory book with the part number in :thumbs:

Cannot find the accessory book :thumbdown: My wife has put it somewhere safe :wacko: Will find it and post details in due course :thumbs:

Hey choptop,

Any update on this?

Cheers,

Mike.

MP3 Kit, Nissan pt. no. KE28699900 these are available at

£60.49+VAT

not including fitting.

• 2 weeks later...

Interested to hear if anyone has found the Part Code for the Nissan Aux Lead connection, and details of how easy it is to fit. I've tried 2 dealers and Nissan Customer Services direct, and they didn't seem to know (or care!). Now I understand what everyone means about the quality of customer service!!

As a quick fix I bought a cassette adaptor from Argos - part 534/2488 - £9.97. Looks like a normal cassette, but with a thin black lead coming from one corner. This lead hangs out of the front of the BOSE tape player and has an AUX connector for I-pod. Obviously it won't charge your i-pod or control it (volume works via radio & steering wheel as normal), but for simple playback through the BOSE system it seems fine (for £9.97!). The lead is long enough to reach the storage compartment above the stereo, and thin enough for the pull-down door to close over it, so it's not as untidy as it may sound!

Interested to hear if anyone has found the Part Code for the Nissan Aux Lead connection, and details of how easy it is to fit.

This code was supplied to me by my Nissan Dealer, further to my e-mail to them asking the question. PM me if you are still interested and will give you names of people to talk to on this :thumbs:

• 2 months later...