Central locking enquiry

Cragus

Hope someone has some useful advice on this...

On two seperate occassions now (around a little over a week a part) I have had to press my central locking button on the key about 2 dozen times to open or lock the doors. I figured it was the key battery so went and got my spare key but it was doing the same thing. Two dud batteries.....hmmmm!?!

Has anybody experienced this issue and if so what caused it? I Intitally thought it may be because I had left my phone charger plugged in for a few days and it was slowly draining the car battery but it wasn't plugged in on the second occasion.

My car is under warranty for the next six months - should I report this to Nissan incase it decides to pack in completly?

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

On two seperate occassions now (around a little over a week a part) I have had to press my central locking button on the key about 2 dozen times to open or lock the doors. I figured it was the key battery so went and got my spare key but it was doing the same thing. Two dud batteries.....hmmmm!?!

My car is under warranty for the next six months - should I report this to Nissan incase it decides to pack in completly?

Given you tried the spare key, most likely the batteries unless changed recently have been in the same amount of time, so maybe get a new battery in the good remote and spare before speaking to your dealer.

I will give it a try :thumbs: - when changing the battery do I have to reprogramme the key in some way?

No need just replace the batteries. Its wise to switch between keys that way you get even wear from the batteries and units. so use each for 6 months each kinda thing? :)

Mine does this sometimes :dry: Although not as bad as yours. I sometimes have to press a few times to get the passenger door to open aswell as the drivers door

I know you can turn that feature off mate by holding both buttons down for five seconds :thumbs: .......if it bothers you.

I will change the batteries today and hopefully this wont happen again!

Mine does this sometimes :dry: Although not as bad as yours. I sometimes have to press a few times to get the passenger door to open aswell as the drivers door

I know you can turn that feature off mate by holding both buttons down for five seconds :thumbs: .......if it bothers you.

I will change the batteries today and hopefully this wont happen again!

Not on a 53 plate you can't :)