Anyone recognise what this is in my tyre?

kustard

Hey all,

Started hearing a clicking noise coming from the front right wheel when I was driving yesterday, and closer inspection revealed this little (well, big) bugger in my tyre. Anyone recognise what it is so I can work out how deep it's gone in and basically whether it's likely to have punctured anything? Should I be safe to just prize it out? Tyre doesn`t seem to have lost any pressure as far as I can see.

Thanks in advance!

edit - just done a bit of googling and it seems I'm going to need to get it repaired anyway, people just seem to be in disagreement over whether you get a new tyre or just get a mushroom plug to fix the current one. The tyre itself is almost brand new (maybe 1000 miles on it?) so ideally I dont want to have to buy another one!

Also, this post might be better in the tyres section so feel free to move it mods. Ta

Good luck in getting a repair, I doubt anyone will do it as its in the side 1/4 of the treat which is the area they are not meant to repair it.

I would say take it into a shop and see if they can repair otherwise replace it (or just remove it if its not deep enought to pierce the tyre)

Better that way than saying "I'll sort it next week" like we did with my girlfriends then it went on the M25, luckly the runflats came to the rescue

I cant see the picture.....

Dont pull it out!!!

Chances are its holding the air in! If you pull it out and it leaks it wont go back in the same and you will probably end up damaging your tyre by driving on it with a low pressure!

Take it to a garage and get it checked out. Better than damaging a decent tyre and having to pay for another!

Dont pull it out!!!

Chances are its holding the air in! If you pull it out and it leaks it wont go back in the same and you will probably end up damaging your tyre by driving on it with a low pressure!

Take it to a garage and get it checked out. Better than damaging a decent tyre and having to pay for another!

+1

Thanks for the replies all.

I popped the car into Kwik Fit earlier, they took out the screw and the whole tyre promptly deflated, so it had obviously punctured through. They assured me there was no way of fixing it, so I had to just believe them and bite the bullet on a new bridgestone 040 thing. RRP was a huge £190 but guy gave me 50 quid off so I got it for £130 + £10 fitting.

Not sure if I've been conned and it could have been fixed - but I'm no car expert alas. Annoying as previous tyre was a falcon, same as the otehr 3 corners with only about 1000 miles on it :(

Ok, that makes me feel better at least - these things happen, just wanted to make sure I hadn`t been ripped off.

As for not getting another Falcon, they didn`t have any in stock, car was on the jack, and although ordering one from camskill and taking it back down would have been the 'best' option - practically I just wanted to get home and put the whole thing behind me! :)

Ok, that makes me feel better at least - these things happen, just wanted to make sure I hadn`t been ripped off.

As for not getting another Falcon, they didn`t have any in stock, car was on the jack, and although ordering one from camskill and taking it back down would have been the 'best' option - practically I just wanted to get home and put the whole thing behind me! :)

Now I'm waiting for a 'My ESP has gone nuts' post.....

Now I'm waiting for a 'My ESP has gone nuts' post.....

Sad but so true...... :headhurt:

I would rather be 2-3 days with the spare tyre than regret the rest of my tyres' life for not doing the right thing...