North Weald Airfield Day 16th Aug - Book Now!

Chris`I

i need to pay for mine soon as well,

just out of interest is there a dress code for this :lol: i don't mean shirt and tie affair. ;) i know for track days they say to wear a long sleeved top and have a crash helmet. is this the same for an airfield day?

Wear what you like I think. Certainly dont need a helment, but I think I was wearing long sleeves, althogh I dont think this was a requirement. It its hot I wont be wearing long sleeves this time! As its your car, you can do what you like is basically their attitude - so long as you're safe ;)

So do we have any other takers?

1. Chris`I + 1

2. MAD&BOY +1

3. rtbiscuit

We had loads more interest when this was first mentioned, think everyones wossied out :lol:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good day, a nice mix of cars :thumbs:

If John (taxi) is the guy that was there last time giving out free rides in his Westfield, I'm definately going for a passenger ride this time as it looked great! :drive1

• 2 weeks later...
i booked a place, website wouldn't accept my card, now i've been bumped off.any chance of getting back on?

i think a provisional spot is only held for so long, once its booked up and someone else is willing to pay, then the non payer is moved down. similar to track days. a provisional is not a guaranteed.

ring them and ask them

• 2 weeks later...

so this is now fully booked. rubbish! i just bought my zed today and i'd have loved to be there.

do you think this type of day would be good for someone like me who's never driven sports cars at the limit. i want to get to grips with driving it in a safe way, maybe i'll get to one of the other days, or if anyone has to drop out, i'm there :lol:

so this is now fully booked. rubbish! i just bought my zed today and i'd have loved to be there.

do you think this type of day would be good for someone like me who's never driven sports cars at the limit. i want to get to grips with driving it in a safe way, maybe i'll get to one of the other days, or if anyone has to drop out, i'm there :lol:

Yes it would be very good for you.

Dont worry, I'm sure we'll be along to others in the year or next year. When I get my backside into gear I will book a dedicated 350z-uk day but due to lack of interest on this one (after good initial interest) I'm not conviced we'd fill it :thumbdown:

just out of interest, those going on sunday, what are you setting your tyre pressures at. most cars have 2 pressure settings, normal and heavily ladened, but the Zed only has 1 which is 35 psi all round. the organizers say to inflate your tyres to there higher setting, or is it to just over inflate them generally?

are we talking 2, 3 4, 5 PSI I'm not sure and could do with the advice.

My tyres (Falkens) suggest 50PSI max so I set mine to 45PSI. They say the reason is so that when you slide, the tyre wont fold under the rim and cause the rim to drag over the road. That might be the case, but I think its mainly to reduce friction, which it does well. I'll probably go for 40-45PSI this time around :thumbs:

My tyres (Falkens) suggest 50PSI max so I set mine to 45PSI. They say the reason is so that when you slide, the tyre wont fold under the rim and cause the rim to drag over the road. That might be the case, but I think its mainly to reduce friction, which it does well. I'll probably go for 40-45PSI this time around :thumbs:

makes sense, i know the falkens are a softer side wall, the stones are a stiffer wall, i'll probably go for about 40-45 i suppose if i go 45 and its too hard i can always let some out down to 40.

Another cracking day at North Weald. No Andy this time, but his replacement was very good and excellent at organisation. The day started quite overcast, but by lunch the sun was blazing on the tarmac :sun: Did the high speed corner first, which ensued in the usual spinning and powerslides! Next up was 2 small course with lunch in the middle. Finally we actually managed to get in the longer course which is a combination of the high speed corner and 2 smaller course. Rich had some great spins! :teeth:

Here are a few pics we managed to get (sorry not many, too much fun driving!)

IMG_9059_copy_sm.jpg

Ben on 3 wheels!

IMG_9075_sm.jpg

IMG_9081_sm.jpg

IMG_9098_sm.jpg

Ben pushing it a bit ;)

IMG_9103_sm.jpg

Rich pushing it!

IMG_9113_sm.jpg

IMG_9114_sm.jpg

IMG_9118_sm.jpg

IMG_9126_sm.jpg

IMG_9127_sm.jpg

A few interlopers!

IMG_9133_sm.jpg

IMG_9050_sm.jpg

some great pics, i'll upload mine later, but am on the laptop at the moment, will get on the big computer and do it then.

must admit the high speed bend i found the most arse clenching... span it on my first go, struggled to get it right although i did manage a tremendous accidental power slide on my last go at 70mph (by my speedo)

2nd to courses were good but had a little issue witht the clutch so had to do a few less runs, was a couple of seconds of chris's speeds but still good fun, and i had a good 7 secs on my mate who was slower than me. :p

the last course was the best and did see me do the best spin out of any car of the day. :lol: made the organisers laugh when i came back because i followed an instruction of his when he was joking :blush: he said to go full throttle through the follow through corner and i did at about nearly 85-90 :blush: lost it caught it and then lost it again with a full 520 spin in the wrong direction from tarmac to grass, but bloody good fun :blush: my mate was wetting himself.