Jenson on a roll in F1

Ebized

:#1: Great to see that he now has a car to show his ability - just a pity bad management in his early years in F1 frustrated moves to the right teams. Today's Monaco win followed a tenacious ability to get on top of car set-up in practice and then a faultless drive. As they say, he is one of the smoothest drivers around and there is no doubt he has the skill to find a good balance on the track to reduce tyre wear but at the same time attacking the kerbs, as Monaco demands, that is giving him the edge over Rubens :notworthy:

His only one mistake today was parking in parc ferme at the end of the race rather than in front of the royal box - a legacy of previous years habit of never making the top three in that race :lol:

But the real transformation for Jenson is having Ross Brawn running things - he clearly is magic at understanding what makes an F1 cars work with whatever rules apply at the time and has an uncanny knack of using great strategies in practice and the race. I really nice guy too. No doubt Ferrari have been struggling ever since Ross's departure. ;)

And what a turn around for Lewis - hero to zero, with Mclaren seemingly losing their way with the new rules from the off this season. From what I am seeing, they and others using the new Kers system are having significant issues (BMW dropping the system altogether) and it does seem that it is unsettling the cars under heavy breaking and when the surface is uneven - I guess it is locking up the transmission and pitching cars off. Lewis admitted to late braking causing his shunt in practice but I do wonder if he was wholly to blame :dry: Clearly at Monaco the Kers was quite useless, although come the likes of Silverstone the non-Kers users might struggle?

And if you wonder why I am going on about Jenson - it goes back to the days when I used a Beetle in motorsport, when his Dad was very quick in one in Rallycross and I use to follow his exploits many moons ago :blush::wheelchair:

Quote "His only one mistake today was parking in parc ferme at the end of the race rather than in front of the royal box - a legacy of previous years habit of never making the top three in that race :lol:"

:lol: That was a classic. All the others followed him in. Running a mini marathon to receive his trophy from the crowned prince. He's kicking the proverbial! Richard Branson turns whatever he touches to gold! :#1:

Jenson did look outstanding during the whole race and I bet he had a big :D:p when he lapped Lewis, but he did overtake Lewis 3 times during the race due to pit stops, how times have change.

Jenson did a local interview here where he was asked how Ross Brawn had managed to transform the team.

He replied that Ross has the abilty to come into a team and work out which employees are working in a position and job to most benefit the team and be able to change people into the correct jobs/positions to get the most out of them for the benefit of the team.

He also thanked Ross and Nick Fry for putting the money together to be able to continue to run the team after Honda pulled out.

Jenson did look outstanding during the whole race and I bet he had a big :D:p when he lapped Lewis, but he did overtake Lewis 3 times during the race due to pit stops, how times have change.

Jenson did a local interview here where he was asked how Ross Brawn had managed to transform the team.

He replied that Ross has the abilty to come into a team and work out which employees are working in a position and job to most benefit the team and be able to change people into the correct jobs/positions to get the most out of them for the benefit of the team.

He also thanked Ross and Nick Fry for putting the money together to be able to continue to run the team after Honda pulled out.

And what with taking a substantial pay cut that shows what a decent guy he his :thumbs: , compared to many of his peers, some of whom are only interested in No.1 :dry:

And what with taking a substantial pay cut that shows what a decent guy he his :thumbs:

Don't think he had much choice though Colin, it was either that or nothing ;) And to be fair i dont think many other teams would have taken him on either, because lets face it and through probably no fault of his own he was not at the time regarded as a top flight driver. Its only now that he as a decent car that he now looks good. But be honest i bet the current top 10 drivers in F1 at the moment would look good driving a Brawn :blush:

And what with taking a substantial pay cut that shows what a decent guy he his :thumbs:

Don't think he had much choice though Colin, it was either that or nothing ;) And to be fair i dont think many other teams would have taken him on either, because lets face it and through probably no fault of his own he was not at the time regarded as a top flight driver. Its only now that he as a decent car that he now looks good. But be honest i bet the current top 10 drivers in F1 at the moment would look good driving a Brawn :blush:

Maybe, maybe not - he's got the beating of Rubens and bear in mind what Ross Brawn and Jenson's dad are saying - that he continues to surprise them just how good he is. One thing that Jenson is not so good at, is banging his own drum - a welcome 'fault' given the likes of most the other drivers who look to blame anyone and anything, other than themselves. :)

Maybe, maybe not - he's got the beating of Rubens and bear in mind what Ross Brawn and Jenson's dad are saying - that he continues to surprise them just how good he is. One thing that Jenson is not so good at, is banging his own drum - a welcome 'fault' given the likes of most the other drivers who look to blame anyone and anything, other than themselves. :)

But how good of a benchmark is Rubens at 37 years old? Imo is best days are well behind him now. :) The Brawn is the best car at the moment by some way and i would expect most of the current crop of top F1 drivers to be in the same position as Jenson if they were driving it.

But overall Brawn and Button are doing the best job at the moment with the current rules. The same rules that were designed to make racing more competitive and overtaking easier and the cars more closely matched :surrender: Last year was one of the best years of F1 i had seen for a while apart from the stupid FIA intervention at times. We had 5 different constructor winners Mclaren, Ferrari, Renault, Bmw and Torro Rosso, i doubt very much we will get that this year. They should have left the rules as they were apart from the slick tyres for this year. At the moment the championship will be over by August and all interest will be lost. :)