Replacing the battery

fmouse

Hi

I might replace the battery this autumn - car will almost be 3 years old. With all the electronics in vehicles today the old battery gets more of a hammering.

Anyway, aside from rolling down the windows before disconnecting the old battery is there anything else which needs to be done before the swap-over takes place? The BOSE system isn't coded so that won't be an issue. How about the Tracker system, alarm system etc? Will they all be OK?

TIA

FM

Good question, my battery went flat and after a recharge all worked ok, but i dont have a Tracker.

Hi

Yes I've read a number of posts where people have had flat batteries - and then needed a recharge. But even when the engine fails to start I expect there will be enough residual charge to keep the basic "background" electronics happy. - at least for a while longer.

FM

most alarm systems and trackers have their own backup battery..

Hehe, not more batteries to change :) So I guess you won't know if these need changing until you remove the main car battery and the backup battery doesn't take over :headhurt:

FM

Hehe, not more batteries to change :) So I guess you won't know if these need changing until you remove the main car battery and the backup battery doesn't take over :headhurt:

FM

dont worry about em , just change the battery when required 2 min job !!

just remember to have windows wound down when you disconnect :thumbs:

FM

Good recommendation,,, but I think you'll still be ok if you don't :scare:

Trackers have 48 hrs worth of battery backup in, so as long as they are not years and years old, should be ok......

Alarms will be dependant on models etc, but any decent alarm now should have one, at least to stop someone just cutting power to get around it etc....

FM

Good recommendation,,, but I think you'll still be ok if you don't :scare:

no you must have windows down , because if you dont , and disconnect battery with doors shut then try and open them with battery disconnected it will possibly damage door seals/ window glass :headhurt:

Talkin from experience???

What do we do then if we have a flat battery??? New seals req'd???

Be VERY CAREFULL :p:teeth::thumbs:

I'll get the mrs 2 do it then :wacko: she's always very delicate when closing them :headhurt:

You know, I know exactly what you mean...Do all women close car doors like that?? :headhurt:

Talkin from experience???

What do we do then if we have a flat battery??? New seals req'd???

Be VERY CAREFULL :p:teeth::thumbs:

I'll get the mrs 2 do it then :wacko: she's always very delicate when closing them :headhurt:

You know, I know exactly what you mean...Do all women close car doors like that?? :headhurt:

Only when in a strop. Which is most of the time :headhurt::blush: