Front indicator bulb changing

chippy

Hi all

I'd like to swap the amber bulbs for some of those chrome ones that flash amber.

Is there an easy way of changing the front headlight indicator bulbs, without having to dismantle the wheel arch liners?

:blush:

There is but when I tried I lost the bulb inside and ended up having to take off the front bumper and light out as I couldnt lift the car up and shake it about!!

Have seen dcash do it but he must have little hands....

Oh and IMO the phillips bulbs are far better than the silvertech ones!

Could get the GF or wife to do it or grab a woman off the street at random...

It was the G/F that dropped the bulb inside... I pulled the housing out, bulb stayed in, teetering on the edge, I went to go get something to remove the bulb... she tried to help whilst I was away and ended up causing me a shed load more work!!

You can do it as I did it a couple of days ago ;) Just unbolt the top of the light and it will pull forwards and up slightly, just enough to get your fingers/hand in and undo the bulb housing (turns anti-clockwise iirc) and pull it out the top. Swap the bulb then pop it back in the housing.

Did mine without taking anything off or unfastening the lights. I dont have particularly small hands either.

I seem to remember having to use a long thin screw driver to lever the lamp holder upward and into place as fingers are to cumbersome and short to get under the bulb holder at the last point before it goes back into the headlamp itself.

Unbolting the headlamp at the top is probably a better idea, as your fingers/hands will get scratched otherwise.

Yeah when i changed mine i was able to get it from the top but i think i took a couple of bolts out iirc. Then a few months later my indicator was flashing fast like there was a bulb out but it turned out the passenger side had loosened out of it's holder as i put it back in so when i went to take it out the bulb dropped out and rolled right to the bottom of the headlight :doh: I ended up having to remove the headlight anyway then to shake it out but the headlights are a gift to remove/replace.

• 2 years later...

I had to change the driver side, side light, lamp. No way I could do it without removing arch liner.

It does sound like a pain buts it's easy and straight forward really.

Jack car up, wheel off, around 6 screws to remove so liner can be moved enough- the back of the headlight can be seen in all it's glory! Nice easy access.

• 4 weeks later...

anyone purchased and fitted these??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHROME-Indica ... 230b4482fe

the little nibs are too big for a snug fit into the 350z bulb holder - dont get that click and they stick out a bit (work fine but dont really like leaving them half hanging out incase they drop into headlamp)

are these the wrong bulbs?? or is slight modification needed? (i have tried brute force) :rant:

little nibs as in bottom left corner are larger on the 'silvertec' bulbs compared to the nibs on the original and so do not click into the holder properly - wrong bulbs or diy needed??