Rocks on the road!!

campo

Mrs campo and myself have just spent a nice few days in bonnie Scotland. The road between Inverary and Oban is fantastic and has stunning scenery but it also has bloody rocks on it!!! 8 miles from Oban i caught a rock and it destroyed my front tyre!!!

How comical does a Zed look with three 20" Antera alloys and what can only be described as a pram wheel??

Ended up being an expensive few days................ £220 for a new continental!!!

Mrs campo and myself have just spent a nice few days in bonnie Scotland. The road between Inverary and Oban is fantastic and has stunning scenery but it also has bloody rocks on it!!! 8 miles from Oban i caught a rock and it destroyed my front tyre!!!

How comical does a Zed look with three 20" Antera alloys and what can only be described as a pram wheel??

Ended up being an expensive few days................ £220 for a new continental!!!

You got off lightly. Both Max and MartinMac have had wheels destroyed recently. Martins was a rock and the wheel was a fair old mess!

Glad you enjoyed Scotland!

I hate to rub salt into the wound but what size tyre was it, I wonder if I could have done it cheaper....

I think it caught the edge of the tyre which then filcked it away from the bodywork (thank god) but it took quite a chunk out and was an instant flat!!

The worst bit was that there was loads of tread left on it! heartbreaking..............

I hate to rub salt into the wound but what size tyre was it, I wonder if I could have done it cheaper....

Its a 255/30 20 Continental. I couldnt drive all the way back from Helensburgh to Stockport at 50 with the pram wheel on so had to bite the bullet!........................ go on, just out of interest, tell me what you couldve done it for

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssuuuuusssssssss!!!!! how on earth did the tyre survive???

Gives new meaning to the phrase "i think ive kerbed it"...............

Lovely looking wheels though!! (well, without the dent)

Its a 255/30 20 Continental. I couldnt drive all the way back from Helensburgh to Stockport at 50 with the pram wheel on so had to bite the bullet!........................ go on, just out of interest, tell me what you couldve done it for

£205 so not to bad in the situation, lucky you found a garage stocking that size...

Now i know im probably going to get a lot of flack and ridcule for this and it serves me right for going to Kwik Fit (but in my defence i really didnt have much option) but, when we got back from Scotland i had a bit of a look at my new continental, as you do when you have shelled out a small fortune, only to find it had written on the outer side "inside"...................... yes i dont need to say any more do i?????? They had only gone and put the damn thing on the wrong way round!!!!!!! :rant:

wondered why the car has been feeling better in reverse!