New toy....

Stew

Today Mr Parcelforce rang the doorbell and handed me one of these

mak778miracledetailmakitapolisher.jpg

Mr Dalton not included unfortunately....

So now I have to get to grips with it. I think it'll be a while before I hit the Zed though.

yeah, let us know how you get on and post some pics up of your new GM car when you've finished! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Will do.

Been using a PC7424 for quite a while so hopefully it'll be a nice progressive step.....

You should fine it a great step up from the porter cable, It is so much quieter and smoother to use.

Just treat it with respect and you won't go far wrong.

Atb

Paul

Cheers Paul. Was over at Polished Bliss the other day for a pep talk and advice. Asked for some Gloss It pad prime. Rich thought it was a good shout as it increases the working time of the polish so hopefully that will make things easier for me as a beginner. Lots of practice ahead!

Had a play earlier no pads on or anything. The soft start on the motor is superb. I used to set up a lot of VSDs to run motors and I'm a sucker for a nice soft start! :lol:

Today Mr Parcelforce rang the doorbell and handed me one of these

mak778miracledetailmakitapolisher.jpg

Mr Dalton not included unfortunately....

So now I have to get to grips with it. I think it'll be a while before I hit the Zed though.

I wish Mr. Parcelforce would bring me a Lambo :drive1

yeah, let us know how you get on and post some pics up of your new GM car when you've finished! :lol:

You never know Nixy if he presses on hard enough he could end up with a Delorean :lol:

You like this one?

CIMG1624.jpg

Back to the Future!

I took pics of it as it was in the apartment block I was staying in when I was in Oceanside, CA.

It was dark in the car park all the time though so the pics were crap!

Nice one Stew! Dont think I'd ever take anything other than a Random Orbit polisher near my Zed, I wouldnt trust myself not to burn through the clear coat :surrender: Wont take you long to knock out any swirls with that baby :thumbs:

I find that the GM is a VERY forgiving colour when it comes to swirl marks. They are nearly invisible unless using a lamp/torch. Very handy, its the main reason I chose it over the black as I have serious OCD when it comes to car cleaning so if I had black it would drive me crazy.

R :lol:

I find that the GM is a VERY forgiving colour when it comes to swirl marks. They are nearly invisible unless using a lamp/torch. Very handy, its the main reason I chose it over the black as I have serious OCD when it comes to car cleaning so if I had black it would drive me crazy.

R :lol:

Indeed. Until you get it under petrol station lights :headhurt: Thank god mine are mostly gone after a quick machine polish :yahoo:

I have a random orbit Porter Cable too Ross.

I'm sure we can do some damage with them!

Sweet, I'll pop up to Ellon some weekend when the weather starts getting better and we can have a detailing session :)

I'll bring the red bull :teeth:

R