Ring and Spa trip

sleg

I have spent the long weekend putting my Z through its paces. First was a visit to the Ring and the car perfomed perfectly all the way there on the boring Belgium motorways and then onto the winding German roads to the ring, absolutely great fun. Once at the ring the car got into its own, handling is really balanced making me very confident, it has enough power to pull up some of the long straights and is just so easy to drive.

I then took part in a track day at Spa. There were quite a few 350z's there (Notre350z i think?) including a Supercharged one putting out 450bhp :scare: the track really seemed to suit the car, lots of fast straights and some nice technical corners, I am no driver but the Z just felt so good and with no mods!

Sleg

It doesnt surprise me, the Z just has circuit racing pedigree with its design and dimensions. It's no back B road fighter but is well suited to the big open stuff.

Indeedy! Does well around the Evo triangle too :drive1

I have the pics and a video now, but I must explain the vid!!!, My co-pilot wanted to know a reasonable time for going around Spa, we were told around 3:30 (Not sure if this is good??) this is exactly the same time as the classic Cheeky Girls song "Cheeky Cheeky!" so our challenge was to go around faster than that, hence the music !! :wacko:

some pics at the ring

Touris055820090503.jpg

20090503touri0444.jpg

Sleg

The Spa track day was £250 with MLR, superb organisation, excellent group of people, will be doing this again same time next year!!

I prefer Spa to the Ring now, I know my luck is going to run out at the Ring soon and getting insurance there is so hard.

Sleg