Learned something today

Stew

I learned today that it's better to be a cold and wet biker than be sitting in the office.

Much like a bad day on the golf course beats a good day in the office.

So anyway, my bike is the dirtiest it ever has been. I have hosed it off but it will be getting 'clean' in the next day or two!

Cold, wet but happy!

Bet you took a look outside first thing and thought, "Ahhh clear blue skies, sunshine, this can't be Aberdeenshire surely".

I have RSS feeds on my mobile of weather and saw it was rain forecast. Went to Tesco for shopping then went 'what the hell' I knew I was going to get wet but wasn't sure how wet!

I gelled well with the bike though so didn't turn when I could of. Went out Deeside to Braemar then from Crathie went over the lecht road, over donside and then back to westhill via Alford.

Very similar to the route we recently did on the last Aberdeen drive out.

Lol, any sport, even if you're soaked to the skin, is better than being stuck in an office. Bike is no exception. Try being stuck on a push bike soaked to the skin. :lol:

Done it many times when I was a paper boy! Delivered papers in thick snow on my GT pushbike when I was 13. Even then I knew RWD was king as I drifted about. At least falling off wasn't sore either in the snow! :lol:

Bet you took a look outside first thing and thought, "Ahhh clear blue skies, sunshine, this can't be Aberdeenshire surely".

I have RSS feeds on my mobile of weather and saw it was rain forecast. Went to Tesco for shopping then went 'what the hell' I knew I was going to get wet but wasn't sure how wet!

I gelled well with the bike though so didn't turn when I could of. Went out Deeside to Braemar then from Crathie went over the lecht road, over donside and then back to westhill via Alford.

Did you get airborne over "that" bridge ?!?! :plane:

Did you get airborne over "that" bridge ?!?! :plane:

Took it easy as the sharp corner straight after would be scary.

The little humpy back bridge after alford is good! I pooped myself the first time I did it as it was a total surprise as you couldn't see it coming the other way!

'That' bridge could launch you 100feet in the air! :scare:

Working in an office is basically slow death.

I don't even work in a proper office and it's still painful. It's all a means to an end with me though.

Get the money, get the car, do the travelling, invest the money, work for myself. :thumbs:

Shame it takes so damn long though!

I know what you mean about the bike though - I miss it.

I've been paid to travel and got sick of it - Being away more then being at home wears you down!

Work 12 hours a day in an office now..... for 7 days then get 7 days off!

It's the best of both worlds!