Pads: interesting finds Brembo oem VS Brembo sport

Removed

here's some pics of my front brake pads after 26k miles, as you can see i still have 1/3 of them left, not too bad!

also, they look quite different from the Brembo sport I bought to replace them! they have the wear indicator and a metal plate where the pistons push, and the Brembo Sport don't have that.

Also the way the pads are at an angle (the middle divered thing) as opposed to the brembo sport ones, which is in a straight line.

Also, both are made by Ferodo.

To take them off I followed the guide from our guides section, strightforward enough if it wasn't for one of the 2 bolts that hold the caliper in place that wouldn't budge, at all, tried WD40, multiple times, with no success.

I still managed to take the pads off without having to take the caliper off (that was really more to do with the disks change, which I'll do soon anyway) but that bolt was seized big time.

Anyway, I put my old pads back as I still have 1/3 of them left, might as well finish them off properly ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be very interested to hear whether your new pads make a difference - my one disappointment with the Z so far has been the brakes. The calipers and discs are only very slightly smaller than the ones on my VR4, so I suspect that it must be the pads (DS2500's on the VR4, std on the Z).

As the Z is the wife's day to day car, I'm not sure whether I should fit a set of DS2500's - may be a bit of overkill for her, or try some DS Performance (used to be DS2000) pads.

Not keen on brembo named brands - usually overpriced!

mine were relatively cheap mate, £69 iirc all in. I am not currently doing track days so even the standards are fine tbh.

Looking forward to see if I feel any difference with RBF600 and SS brake lines, all to be installed (and the pads) next sarturday