Finichi - Rimini tyres???

biaggi3z

I wonder if anyone can help me i wanting some new alloys for my GT roadster!!! i quite like Finichi Rimini but still not 100% lol!!

but ive noticed when ive been lookin at wheels a lot of places they have different profile tyres front and rear!? (like 35 front and 40 rear) why is this? does it make a difference to handling??, ive heard some stuff about different wheels effecting the traction control on some of the us forums!!!! :scare:

sorry if this is a dumb question Paul :blush:

Different profile front to rear is quite common if you are running different width wheels front to rear. If you think that profile is the percentage of the width, a wider tyre needs less as a percentage of its width to be the same height as a thinner tyre. Be sure that the supplier you are getting them off knows the stock rolling radius of the Nissan OEM setup and make sure they stick to it. Its when they dont know that they can confuse the traction control. On the Zed, the RR acutally differs from front to rear and you need to keep this stagger (RR not width).

Thanks Chris thats very helpfull :thumbs: do ya know of any decent wheel suppliers? ive noticed one or two places ive i asked about zed wheels they seem to go pale, stutter a few times and then start talkin wheels LOL! it doesnt fill me with much confidence ;)

so i thought if theres any out there that know there stuff it will set my mind at ease :blush:

Paul :D

The profile is how deep the tyre is in relation to its width in percentage terms - i.e. 245/45 means a tyre width of 245mm and a depth of about 110mm

If you want to keep the same rolling radius (which you do) then if you switched the 245 for something much wider, say an eye watering 315, then you would need to match that with a 35 profile tyre to keep the rolling radius the same.

245 * 0.45 = 110.25

315 * 0.35 = 110.25

The depth of the rubber will still be the same between the rim and the tarmac.

EDIT: try this site here, and you can stick the stock dimensions in on the left wheel and play with the wheel on the right until you find a wheel radius and tyre width/profile that keeps the rolling radius the same:

http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual ... calculator

Cheers guys :)

I do sell the Finichi range of wheels. What size were you after? The 19's are and have never been available in a 350 fitment and there are no plans to bring them in at this point. The 20's should be back in stock very soon.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you wish.

Cheers,

Andy

Thanks Chris and Chesterfield (a fine name and place lol ;) ) and jim tooo :)

ive pm'd Andy so see what happens :teeth:

they dont really have to be Finichi or Rimini's just like the style and price lol!!

its seems really hard to get pics of wheels on roadsters with brembo's so i'd seen some with rimini's thought they looked cool but maybe they were 20"s then!! im not sure the profile of my wallet will fit the tyres for 20"s :headhurt:

The 20"s look B) , if i had the cash, next thing i would buy would be these :thumbs: , and Andy is a great bloke !

i agree M350ZB i'd love 20's too but.... the price :scare: lol!

glad ya commented im after some carbon bits too lol! i can kill 2 birds with one stone what kinda stuff do you do sir?? :yahoo:

PM me at some point if ya can

Thanks Paul :teeth:

The 20"s look B) , if i had the cash, next thing i would buy would be these :thumbs: , and Andy is a great bloke !

Do the 20s not cause a much harsher ride, given the very low profile of the tyre?

not 100% on this, but currently i got 19"s and there ant no difference really, kieth (roast) is running 20"s and never had no probs i dont think, plenty of people do run 20"s, leave this over to someone who has 20"'s to confirm though !

I'm not sure how much harsher the ride is on 20s compared to 19s.

Compared to 18s, the steering feels a little heavier and obviously there isn't as much flex in the sidewall....

But it isn't uncomfortable or anything. Not too much different really!

Well it's affected in two ways.

Less flex through corners so less 'roll' but less flex on bumps so you feel them more....

It's a trade off. I don't push the car enough and don't have the talent to really say how much effect it has....

It looks sooooooo much better on my 20s though! That I can say! :lol: