Value of 350Z?

zedster

Probably not a huge amount. The only effect I have seen are some brand new ones being offered at 20k (10k discount) in order to shift surplus stock. Although not seen any of these offers recently so can only assume supply is meeting demand etc. It's worth ringing round dealers to see if they have any (second hand ones) as they will normally want rid off them too. I actually bought my 3.5 yr old full spec gt model for less than what the dealer paid a year previously when they got the car. As they weren't able to shift it they accepted an offer from me, plus 2 yrs full nissan warranty and tax thrown in. Depends what your budget is. The 370z is getting mixed opinions - if it is a huge seller then it will have more of an effect on the newer 350z's depreciating more.

wow! thanks for the super-quick replies guys coz im looking to buy a Z but wondering whether I should hang around till July

id prefer a UK spec rather than an import as there are alot of imports around and also imports tend to have higher insurance as well for some strange reason

The garage I bought mine from has a 58 plate 1200 mile ragtop gt demo for £24995.They sold their 08 plate demo 3 months ago for 18450.

Hope that means prices are going to get a bit stronger. :band:

I just paid £18,500 for an 08 roadster with 3k miles on the clock and I bet within 3 months it would be worth just £17,000. But I'm in for 2 years so the market now doesn't worry me at all. I'm expecting £2.5k/ annum depreciation.

Depends what you get and how much you spend. If you get a UK car in a rarer colour (ie not silver, like mine!) and a decent spec (GT) it will hold better than others. Also if you were to get these but slightly older and a good price I don't think there's anywhere for the prices to go!

I got a UK '04 GT, 40k miles, FNSH etc a few months ago and spent 8.5k. If you ask me, even in a couple years a 2004 3.5 V6 sports car isn't going to be worth a whole lot less than that!

More expensive/newer 350s will depreciate just like any other car but I think in the last 18 months they've taken the worst hit they're likely too.

As for 370s affecting prices, I doubt that will happen until you start getting a fair few on the second hand market, say in about 12 months or so. The first few on the s/h market will probably attract quite a high price I'd imagine.

Just my thoughts on the matter...

:snack: