Bluetooth Standard on 2008 cars?

sonof

Apologies if this has been answered before - I did try searching.

I have just bought a Sept 08 ex-demonstrator 350 from a dealer. I thought that bluetooth was standard, but not only is it missing the bluetooth module, it doesn't even have the cradle where the module would be inserted. From what I can see, bluetooth is standard, and I should be getting the dealer to replace the cradle and module - or is it my fault for not checking before I bought the car?

Bluetooth should be standard on all GT models regardless of year - however the earlier GT models may or may not come with the actual adapter - dealers for you!! However the new 2007/08(HR) GT models should all come with the adapter as standard.

Bluetooth should be standard on all GT models regardless of year - however the earlier GT models may or may not come with the actual adapter - dealers for you!! However the new 2007/08(HR) GT models should all come with the adapter as standard.

Not true......

Handsfree was standard. Bluetooth wasn't available until late 2006 or 2007..... I remember being in the queue to buy the first batch of BT adaptors.

You are correct that they are now standard.

Not true......

Handsfree was standard. Bluetooth wasn't available until late 2006 or 2007..... I remember being in the queue to buy the first batch of BT adaptors.

You are correct that they are now standard.

I've got factory bluetooth on my 2005/55 car. It didn't have the adapter though but was all bluetooth ready. Found a contact who works in a dealer who got me a new adapter which was lying around spare from another car for around £50 (normal price I believe is £90-100) :).

You have factory handsfree.....

Mine came with it too. However it came from the factory with a cradle and a nokia phone. I still have mine lying about... The bluetooth module was a later addition from THB Bury who make the kit in the 350Z.

The bluetooth module can still pop out as you've seen.

Can anyone tell me how the cradle is secured inside the armrest - e.g. screwed, glued, velcro? The dealer is telling me that there are no screw holes and that therefore the car was never fitted with a cradle (even though it has a built in microphone, buttons on the steering wheel, and wiring in the armrest).