Quick speaker/amp question

v3euk

When i've bought my 350Z, i'm thinking of doing a car pc install, but to get the sound from the pc to the speakers, sounds like i will need a new amp with RCA inputs.. from what i've read the standard systems don't have RCA inputs.. so my main question is just to verify that..

Now if i replace the amp, is it necessary to change the speakers throughout the car straight away (are they connected with normal connections)?

When i've bought my 350Z, i'm thinking of doing a car pc install, but to get the sound from the pc to the speakers, sounds like i will need a new amp with RCA inputs.. from what i've read the standard systems don't have RCA inputs.. so my main question is just to verify that..

Now if i replace the amp, is it necessary to change the speakers throughout the car straight away (are they connected with normal connections)?

There are a few guys on here with car PCs. I think some have used the standard stereo...

I replaced my head unit for my car pc.....also swapped out all the speakers and installed an amp. Those who retain the bose stereo have had to modify the tape to accept an aux input. Im sure someone that has done this will be along shortly :thumbs: But i'd recommend new head unit and speakers as you will get a much better sound :#1:

I was going to replace with a double DIN touch screen and also a touch screen in the cubby, so i wouldn't fit a stereo aswell.. going to be purely using the pc, without a headunit

I wouldnt bother getting a double din touch screen head unit if your only going to be listen to your pc music. You can get cheap double din head unit which are pretty basic but are ideal for pc connectivity

Sorry for the confusion, not a actual double DIN head unit, just a double DIN touch screen (Theres a lilliput one quite cheap on ebay) - i won't have a headunit at all - just two touch screens, so i want to route the sound through from the PC to the amp directly.. so i guess i'm asking what connections the standard amp and speakers have.. do the differ from standard ones? - I don't really want to swap out the speakers immediately, as i was hoping to do the install in stages, but i think i will defently have to swap the amp? Without actually seeing the current audio setup on a car its hard.. i'm a planning freak and want to know what i'm getting myself into by buying a 350Z! - And if i start buying the bits now, it won't be so noticable on my wallet!

In your situation your best replacing the lot. If you get an aftermarket amp you will probably blow the BOSE cr*p to bits lol. Not sure even what resistance they are, think they might be 8 or something else.

IMO - Get a new 4 channel amp, front comps and a sub - Job done.

Thanks for the advice, it is most likely what i'll end up doing..

Is there a thread which specifies which size speakers/subs etc fir in the stock areas? - And do the positions differ between BOSE and non-BOSE etc?