Sticking Exhaust valve?

chippy

Hi Guys

I took out a 10,000 mile 06 out on Saturday for a test drive.

I found the acceleration was a bit less compared to my old 2.7 boxster. I also noticed that the exhaust seemed really quite all the way through the rev range. I did mention it to the garage and they are going to service the car before I collect it on Thursday.

I'm wondering whether the valves in the exhaust are maybe not opening correctly?

At what rev range do the valves open?

I'm a bit scared that i'll be zooming around a corner when they might decide to unstick, leashing a big dose of power!

Well that's what i thought it should go like but it didnt seem so.........a little unsure why and whether I should be steering clear of this one! http://www.belroyalmotors.com/Used-Cars/350Z-3.5-V6-313BHP-GT-Pack/

Also, I'm unsure of the year. The garage said it's a 2006, but I distinctly remember the hazard warning button being near the handbrake rather than under the radio - isn't that a 2005 interior? It's has 18 rays (the ones with the dots in the spokes), bi-xenon headlights and LED rears, heated seats, electric folding mirrors.

Any other tell tale signs of the correct year?

Well that's what i thought it should go like but it didnt seem so.........a little unsure why and whether I should be steering clear of this one! http://www.belroyalmotors.com/Used-Cars/350Z-3.5-V6-313BHP-GT-Pack/

Also, I'm unsure of the year. The garage said it's a 2006, but I distinctly remember the hazard warning button being near the handbrake rather than under the radio - isn't that a 2005 interior? It's has 18 rays (the ones with the dots in the spokes), bi-xenon headlights and LED rears, heated seats, electric folding mirrors.

Any other tell tale signs of the correct year?

It certainly is a pre 06 model bud as they are not Bi-xenon lights and it will have 276bhp not 313. The seller has hidden the age with private plates :thumbs:

It's a Jersey Car so that's the proper plate ;)

The headlights have the little projector type lens in so I though that they were xenon's? What about the LED rears?

I'm sure somebody will post a pic of what the Bi-xenon cluster looks like :thumbs:

The headlights have the little projector type lens in so I though that they were xenon's? What about the LED rears?

They all have a projector for the dipped beam. Older models have a full beam bulb below it which you should be able to see down by the sidelight bulb. No bulb there and its a 2006 headlight. From the distance in the pic you posted, they look like the pre-2006 lights, ie not Bi-xenon, as the projector lense is small like on the earlier models. On the Bi-xenon the projector is bigger. Could be wrong at that distance though, but now you know what to look for :thumbs:

Cant really help with the other questions. Sounds to me like the owner has fitted some 2006+ bits (LED rear lights) to a pre-MY2006 car. I think you could still get MY03-05 model on an 06 plate though :wacko:

From that pic definately looks like a pre 06, easiest way I tell is by the orange reflector running down the side of the lights at the front, the 06+ didnt have these, and its definately not a 313 bhp :surrender:. As Chris`I said they seem to have added some 06+ bits to a pre 06 car (LED rear lights).

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I did get an email from the dealer earlier in the week and he told me that it was first registered on the 3rd April 2006. Very odd.

Not sure if I should now ask for even more of a discount - he's given me £1,500 off so far, plus is arranging for their bodyshop to respray the bonnet (stone chipped) for free.

Whatcha reckon? :dry:

May be it was an older model unregistered in the dealer that they hadnt shifted before the facelifts cameout and had a good price on it because of the new models coming out so was bought and registered in 06, I have seen a couple for sale before where I think this has happened but either way its not the facelifted model :)