Think I've been caught speeding????

scottsoulby

I was a little naughty on the way home from work today, I was on a duel carrageway that's a 50mph limit for some reason, I believe I was doing around 70mph, I'm not a speeder in general I just wasn't paying enough attention to my speed, the Z creeps speed up to easy,

My question is, it was a mobile van on the other side of the carrageway rear facing me, I slowed down maybe 50+ meters away easily, also the there was a man In the front filling paperwork out when I looked as I drove by, could I have been caught??

I know I shouldn't speed, as I say it's rare I do, everyones

Guilty of it at some point

Scott

I was a little naughty on the way home from work today, I was on a duel carrageway that's a 50mph limit for some reason, I believe I was doing around 70mph, I'm not a speeder in general I just wasn't paying enough attention to my speed, the Z creeps speed up to easy,

My question is, it was a mobile van on the other side of the carrageway rear facing me, I slowed down maybe 50+ meters away easily, also the there was a man In the front filling paperwork out when I looked as I drove by, could I have been caught??

I know I shouldn't speed, as I say it's rare I do, everyones

Guilty of it at some point

Scott

IN Surrey, the mobile vans aren't looking for speeders, they are after Tax dodgers, uninsured and nicked cars.

You may be OK

Couple of facts for you to consider just incase mate.

1, you can only be finded within a 10 working day period, so make a note of the date, and if in 11 working days from now you get a fine in the post, it is void. I know this for a fact cos my dad got one quashed.

2, if its a moblie unit you can request the callibration certificate for that location/date and time, no certificate...no fine.

Hope you got away with it mate.

vale.

You should be ok as I had the exact same thing happen to me in my old car - was on a 40mph dual carriageway and the van with definite tripod and camera on other side of the road. I even looked it up on the safety camera website, which tells you where the mobile cameras are every day and it was a speed camera but I was fine so can only assume they check the lane they are next to.

Furthermore to what Vale said, the line about calibrated equipment can work on traffic police that pulls you over.

You need to ask them if their VASCAR (or whatever they are using these days) was calibrated PRIOR to duty.

If it was, then they should have paper work to support it. If not, then it is highly likely they let you go straight away.

Couple of facts for you to consider just incase mate.

1, you can only be finded within a 10 working day period, so make a note of the date, and if in 11 working days from now you get a fine in the post, it is void. I know this for a fact cos my dad got one quashed.

2, if its a moblie unit you can request the callibration certificate for that location/date and time, no certificate...no fine.

Hope you got away with it mate.

vale.

Its not actually the fine that has to reach you in that time but an NIP which is basically them telling you that you have broken a traffic law eg speeding and that you can either pay a fine+points or go to court. And I am 90% sure it is 14 days that they have to get to you, regardless of working days (the argument being the police work 24/7. I know that is a bit of splitting hairs but given the bank holiday coming up may help you!