Window seal and clicking rear axle on 2005 350z

matth76

Hi

I have a full two year Nissan extended warranty on my 2005 350z. I have two issues:

- My driver window does not have a complete seal when it is closed. I can see it clearly drop when I open the door and clearly go back up when I close it but there is still a very very tiny gap remaining which is visible from the outside - the top rubber seal does not fully cover the top rim of the glass and at 70-80mph the wind starts whistling in your ear..very annoying.

- I also have the clicking rear axle issue, when changing gear at slow speeds it is fully audiable if you drive with the windows open.

I have looked in http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Category:TSB and have found one TSB relating to the clicking rear axle: http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/TSB_04-065_-_Suspension_Clicking_Noise_From_Rear_Axle. My issue is it seems to relate to 2003-2004 models, yet mine is affected and this is clearly a common problem as I have heard of 2007/2008 HR models also being affected. I cannot see any TSB relating to the window not fully closing or window seal issue. Can anyone see a TSB relating to this?

Am I right in assuming both will be fully covered under warranty as both are clearly "common issues" and NOT wear and tear?

I also have creaking drop links - is this covered under warranty too? If not I can get my local garage to help me spray them by putting it on their ramp/lifter.

Thanks for any help and info.

The clicky rear axle thing is a known issue, as such a service bulletin was issued! My Z is with Ancaster Croydon at the moment, for this and an engine light issue.

I believe that in the first instance they will do some re-greasing of the joint, and hope that cures it, according to Nissan, this is what they HAVE to do first.

Speak to your stealership and see what they say?

• 1 month later...

Got the clicking rear axle all done under warranty. Just make sure you get the dealer to tell the Nissan warranty people that they are replacing all the parts, not greasing the parts because if no parts are replaced the warranty will not cover it. Just have the annoying wind in my ear when driving at speed. Looks like the rubber seal is just too thin to cover the glass on the top part of the window (about a 1mm gap). Apparently a new window seal is £200!! And this is not covered under warranty.

There is a window reset procedure on the site somewhere. It involves taking off the door card and fiddling with some limit switches IIRC. That should sort the problem :)

Try searching "window reset"