P2 service at Colchester

wza1977

I have my car booked in for its P2 service at Glyn Hopkins in Colchester on Wednesday. Agreed price of £260, they originally quoted £360, then £300, so quite proud of my haggling. I will let you know how it goes.

How can they justify asking £360 for a P2??? And then to knock £100 off just because you questioned it :dry:

Mines due at the end of June but I'm not liking how they do their quoting at all :rant:

+ I've got a warranty issue to bring up with them about one the wheels.

Have to go there really as I'm still under warranty...

Mick,

I live in Brightlingsea, and its black. There's a silver and a blue in the town as well but I hardly ever see them or any other zeds on the road locally at all.

Edit

***Hmm....just realised there's two Simon's in this thread*** :doh:

Hi Si

I'm in Kirby Cross !! (is yours the silver Zed I see parked opposite Citroen garage in Holland ?).

Wza - seach and see my review of Colchester Glynn Hopkin after a P3 service.

I have seen that zed a few times to, i think its an 04 plate?

I will tell them not to wash my car!!

I haven't seen your zed about thoug, what do you have?

I would be interested to know how you get on as I am in Kirby Le Soken!! , :bye:

Check out my post ' clutch gone at 9800 miles' Might be of interest to you as this is GH at Ipswich

Cheers

Si

I think i have seen you in your zed when i walking my dog a few weekends ago.

Shame about clutch, i'm dreading mine going, it has done 43k miles and never been done, well, no receipts in log book so think still original.

I have my car booked in for its P2 service at Glyn Hopkins in Colchester on Wednesday. Agreed price of £260, they originally quoted £360, then £300, so quite proud of my haggling. I will let you know how it goes.

How can they justify asking £360 for a P2??? And then to knock £100 off just because you questioned it :dry:

Mines due at the end of June but I'm not liking how they do their quoting at all :rant:

+ I've got a warranty issue to bring up with them about one the wheels.

Have to go there really as I'm still under warranty...

its ridiculous they don't offer the best price to start, imagine all the people that get ripped off by not questioning them, I called round a few places and haggled with them all, toomeys at basildon were cheapest i found at £238.

i did say ages ago that glyn hopkins wasn't a dealership i want to deal with, this just reinforces my point.

i'm going to marshalls in bury st edmunds to hopefully have some out of warranty, warranty work done. and already just by dealing with them over the phone they've done a better job than glyn hopkins by being polite and helpful.

Wza - I have a GM 05 plate with Rays - It's either in garage or out and about... did 370 miles in it last Monday and didn't see another Zed.

that's a coincidence two in kirby cross and one in kirby le soken :)

any of you locals gong to JTS at Silverstone ?

So, went to drop my car off this morning, got to Glyn Hopkins, she took my keys, wanted to charge me £11.95 on top of agreed £260 for a valet, no thanks I said. The woman said it will be ready this afternoon, then just looked at me as if that was our business concluded. What about my courtesy car I asked, the woman looked at me blankly and told me one hadn't been booked and that they have none left. I explained this had been agreed in the price when I booked it, which it had, I wouldn't have driven from my home to colchester without sorting this out. She said there was nothing she could do apart from rebook me, but there would be an extra £17 insurance charge for a car, I was not best pleased as you can imagine, I said we had agreed a price, and now you are trying to get more cash out of me, I said I wont pay the extra £17, and thought they should even knock dome money of the £260 to compensate for wasted 30+ miles travelled and my inconvenience for the mistake, the woman apologised but explained the cost of P2 should be £360, so they have already knocked £100 off and wont do anything else, so I just walked out, felt like booting one of the showroom cars on way. I did enjoy my drive home though, my pent up anger was let out on several cars in the way of some fantastic overtaking maneuvers! I will not be going back to Glyn Hopkins ever again, and hope this may put some more of you off using them, i'm now going back to the phone to rebook else where, any suggestions????

Wza

Thats outrageous :rant:

I'm going to pop in there on Friday to try and sort out an issue with a re-furbed Rays they did as part of the deal when I brought the car.

Seems Stevie Wonder had a go at it and then forget to laquer the finish. We'll see how I get on, but I'm now preparing for a row.

Have you tried GBH Motorsport in Langham. Worth a phone call maybe.

Try ringing Marshalls Bury St.Edmunds, failing that and whether you want a FNSH, you could always try DMS.

Raymond (SilentKK8) had his clicky axle, P2 and new Falkens from there and seemed happy with the service. Ray is on the road ATM and won't be back till Friday, will ask him to comment when he gets back.

as said before, glynn hopkins is worth giving a wide bearth, thats both their ipswich and colchester branch, don't know about the others but for me as a brand name i won't go near them.

i am going to marshalls in bury st edmunds with an out of warranty; warranty issue. so far have spoken to them on the phone and they have been very good, got to ring them back to day to find out the next step. will let people know what they are like, but i've heard positive things about the marshalls in cambridge, and i think they are in the same chain, so it should be ok.

GH at Ipswich have put her on the operating table today and confirmed that the Clutch is shot but have submitted details to Nissan and I am now awaiting a response from the warranty department in the morning. Fingers crossed! :headhurt:

GH Colchester topic..., yep I had a bad experience with them a couple of years ago and have not been back since. It was over the same sort of thing. I booked a test drive in a 350Z, was really looking forward to it, then a week later when I turned up nobody knew anything about it and they didnt have one there for me to try :rant: I bought a Mercedes SLK instead! soon got bored with that though ha ha

Actually caught up the the GM '04 owner here at the port and he's been using Marshalls Bury St.Edmunds for the last four years.

He's never had an issue with them and they have always seen him right.

He also told me that the majority of staff and mechanics there used to work for the previous franchise holder, Jeffries Nissan.

He told me that when Jeffries were the franchise holder, it was more of a family run business, with many staff and mechanics being from the family.

When Marshalls took over, most of them remained and they are keen to keep the standard of service at a high level.

They know that if they didn't, many regular customers that were used to the Jeffries high standard, would take their business elsewhere.

Hope this helps.

Actually caught up the the GM '04 owner here at the port and he's been using Marshalls Bury St.Edmunds for the last four years.

He also told me that the majority of staff and mechanics there used to work for the previous franchise holder, Jeffries Nissan.

He told me that when Jeffries were the franchise holder, it was more of a family run business, with many staff and mechanics being from the family.

When Marshalls took over, most of them remained and they are keen to keep the standard of service at a high level.

They know that if they didn't, many regular customers that were used to the Jeffries high standard, would take their business elsewhere.

Hope this helps.

makes me feel alot better about going to marshalls, there going to hopefully sort out my rear clicking axle.

Hope this helps.

makes me feel alot better about going to marshalls, there going to hopefully sort out my rear clicking axle.

Your axle should be fine, like I said in a previous post above, Ray has had his clicky axle sorted at Marshalls (replacement, not grease job) and he's been smiles ever since.

• 2 months later...
Def do not use Glynn Hopkins at Ipswich, the service dept is absolutely useless!! They never return your telephone calls and cannot get even the simplest of things right! :rant:

wouldn't touch them with a barge pole sales are just as useless as service. bunch of muppets work there.

I may have found another option for us Zedders in the Ipswich/Colchester area.

Went for a scouting drive and found GBH Motorsport in Langham near Colchester (It's where the original Nemesis used to be).

Was quoted £340 for a P3, will investigate more and update as it goes.

Also got quoted £50 for fitting of braided brake hoses and £120 for four wheel alignment.

They have worked on Zeds before too, which gives a little more confidence.

In the meanwhile here is their website http://www.gbhmotorsport.co.uk/

They look really good mark, a good find.

i'll be using Team AFM at martlesham in about 1000 miles, have spoken to them already and they have said that it would be about £60 per man hour and then what ever the costs of the consumables on top. i'll be supplying my own so hopefully should come in under £300. not sure how long a P3 takes but my guess is about 2 hours.