Advice on buying an S2000

maz77

A friend of mine is looking for a second hand face lifted S2000. he’s been in my 350 few times but feels its too brutal for him. Mind you even an S2000 is a significant step as he now drives a Micra.

Any tips on what to look for, any known faults for the face lifted model?

Zed brutal????? Has he driven an S2K?

No TC and a screaming banshee of an engine. Cracking car but your mate would be safer in a Zed! ;)

I fully agree with that. the thing he likes about the S2000 is that in low revs its like driving any NA 2L car. nothing special + better fuel economy. It only becomes a handful when you rev it up. well, thats his argument anyway :lol:

Hi Maz,

I have both a Z and a S2000 facelift model. Only really 2 forums your friend should look at http://www.s2ki.com.

If your friend is worried about driving a rear wheel drive sports car tell him to get the traction control model which is 2006 onwards.

For value for money everyone seems to be looking for the MY 2005 cars as they have the better looking wheels, same improved suspension and revision upgrades (enternal and internal). They are all 240bhp too. Make sure he gets a GT model with the hardtop too as this is excellent for winter. It should also have a foldable stand and Honda cover with it.

If he ends up needs more power I have a Complete New and unused Polished Comptech Supercharger kit for one! It's not advised for a newbe though!! :thumbs:

Hope this helps? Also Jerry on here knows his stuff with Honda's too.

Lee :thumbs:

Also Maz, the S2K is the safest convertable ever made. I have seen crashes with these where people should have not walked away from, but they did!

Engine has won engine of the year award every year since its launch in 1999 for under 2.0L! As long as it's driven under 5000 rpm traction isn't a problem. :thumbs:

Hi Maz,

I have both a Z and a S2000 facelift model. Only really 2 forums your friend should look at http://www.s2ki.com.

If your friend is worried about driving a rear wheel drive sports car tell him to get the traction control model which is 2006 onwards.

For value for money everyone seems to be looking for the MY 2005 cars as they have the better looking wheels, same improved suspension and revision upgrades (enternal and internal). They are all 240bhp too. Make sure he gets a GT model with the hardtop too as this is excellent for winter. It should also have a foldable stand and Honda cover with it.

If he ends up needs more power I have a Complete New and unused Polished Comptech Supercharger kit for one! It's not advised for a newbe though!! :thumbs:

Hope this helps? Also Jerry on here knows his stuff with Honda's too.

Lee :thumbs:

thanks lee.

I think he will be better of with 06 + as he will probably need the traction control. it is his first rear wheel drive car as well.

is the TC on the S2000 switchable or not?

also what is the best tires for and S2000 as I've heard they could be a handful in the wet if they are fitted with bridgestones?

just out of interest, what sort of torque/BHP the Comptech Supercharger kit would give fitted and do the internals need upgrading? I have an S2000 engine lying around and I am thinking of getting it into a project I am doing :drive1

A friend of mine is looking for a second hand face lifted S2000. he’s been in my 350 few times but feels its too brutal for him. Mind you even an S2000 is a significant step as he now drives a Micra.

Any tips on what to look for, any known faults for the face lifted model?

If he'd toyed with the idea of a Zed, but finds yours a bit "brutal", try one of the much newer Zeds. They changed the suspension half way through 2004, and a bit more after that, so each year is a bit more compliant and softer as such.

I know your mate's looking for a facelift model but you didn't mention what he wanted to spend?

Motorpoint have new S2000's for £18k which seems a bit of a bargain: http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/(S(sq5hfn45bhutuniu4jaz4c55))/Search/Stock.aspx?make=Honda&model=S2000&trim=2.0i%202dr&body=Roadster&fuel=Unleaded&type=0

cheers bud

that is one hell of a bargain. he was looking to spend around £13k so i am not sure he will be able to stretch that far. will let him know though.

thanks again :thumbs: