Current Status

Sarnie

Good Idea or not?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Good Idea or not?

• Great idea?
    • Crap idea, get back to spamming threads Liam

Ok, I have an idea for the site.

How about allowing each member to have a 'current status' in the same way that Facebook and Twitter does? It could be a sentence limited to say 30 characters underneath their username on the left hand side instead of the current Z Legend stuff?

It could look a little like:

Sarnie

is: Looking forward to Wales 09

SL114

is: Desperate for a man's car

Zedrush:

is: Beating someone up tonight

Nixy

is: Hoping that no one mentions her dent

M13KYF

is: Still waiting for his spacers to arrive

Val

is: Hoping that his car doesn't blow up ( :lol: )

Get my drift? Poll added.

:)

Voted yes, as its a nice little fun addition to the site, but in practice I have my concerns over moderation of this, and also its implementation.

Consider it at the back of the queue at the moment. ;)

Of course i understand there are probably lots of snagging tasks with the new forum to be seen to first as this is not at all important, just thought it may enhance the site by adding a tiny bit of what makes FB and Twitter so popular. It may even eliminate a tiny amount of spamming?

With regard to the moderation, I'm not sure it would need any moderation, maybe,maybe not. Obviously the mods could still edit or delete status' if they were offensive or contravening any site rules etc.

And about implementing it, thats your job, so get to it :bangin::lol:

In the mean time those that wish to adopt it can use there signature I guess......

That way it'll give Chesterfield an idea if it'll be well used and fun or if it'll be abused.....

Nice idea though - I voted YES!

You'd get more votes if you changed 'Great idea' to 'Reluctantly say yes as it is a good idea even though Sarnie thought of it'.

that was the idea, so people had to press yes whilst gritting their teeth :lol:

Just need to think up some idea's that are gonna earn me some money now!! :blush:

yes nice idea sarnie, but Chris's point on moderation is very valid. God only knows what would be put up :scare:

Ok, but I'm not sure what you guys are in fear of? Assuming the swear filter would filter out any expletives if required etc etc I can only see positive's for this.......

Maybe a trial period could be sorted once chris is has got through his list :thumbs:

Unfortunately the swear filter works on stuff posted in the threads only - the "current Status" would either be an amendment to the signature file, or an addition to the profile section which is displayed under the avatar.

Will see if a test of this can be undertaken at some point, but there are larger items currently being worked on - hope to deploy two of them tomorrow and possibly a third over the weekend (franticaly looking for wood to touch :lol: ).

Unfortunately the swear filter works on stuff posted in the threads only - the "current Status" would either be an amendment to the signature file, or an addition to the profile section which is displayed under the avatar.

Will see if a test of this can be undertaken at some point, but there are larger items currently being worked on - hope to deploy two of them tomorrow and possibly a third over the weekend (franticaly looking for wood to touch :lol: ).

I think it would work well under the username so it Read:

Sarnie:

is..... missing Lomoto (ahhhhhhhhhhh)

:thumbs:

Of course i understand there are probably lots of snagging tasks with the new forum to be seen to first as this is not at all important, just thought it may enhance the site by adding a tiny bit of what makes FB and Twitter so popular. It may even eliminate a tiny amount of spamming?

Oh come on, really, ya reckon??? This is you talking. :lol::lol::lol::lol::p:p:p:p

I think it would work well under the username so it Read:

Sarnie:

is..... missing Lomoto (ahhhhhhhhhhh)

:thumbs:

why change... Resident Idiot is perfect :lol: