New boy unsure what to do, 350z or Fairlady?

can i just add to the above posts that mine was imported in 2007 and my tax is 180 a year although some get caught out so need to check. Also most of the versions do have brembos its just that there are a lot more specs to choose from with a jdm rather than the two specs you get in the uk, having an import hasn't caused me any hassle or extra cost at all that i know of.

Hi and welcome to the forum. There are no particular problems with getting an import. They will generally be a bit cheaper. Some insurance companies seem to have issues with them. The mileage on imports tends to be lower.

Just find one with the spec you want and enjoy it. :D

Welcome to the forum. :D Listen to Uncle Mart, he speaks the truth.

• 2 months later...

Finally after months of waiting i finally get to pick it up. Ahhhh and it was definately worth the wait!! I now need to sort a decent head unit (the jap one has been removed) and all will be good with the world. Anyone have any ideas?

Ill post some pics when its a nice day and im not in work :-)

It's blue.

But 1 day after getting it its cutting out whenever i stop at a junction and now i cant get it going again. Had the RAC out and they had no idea. It doesnt even tick over which is even stranger. Battey meter on the left says everything is ok. Anyone heard of anything like this before?

:bang:

Lovely start to the relationship!!! AHHHHHHHHH

nightmare im sorry to hear that :scare:

here are my thoughts it could be crank shaft position sensor or maybe an air flow sensor? have you put fresh petrol in sinse you got it cause it may have been standing a while in the stealers and could be off.

Its very wierd, it just stops trying to tick over like the battery is dead however the battery was tested by the RAC and was fine. That said however im able to get it started using one of those battery packs that are basically a portable battery you can attatch to the battery. If i do this it works fine.

Fortuneatley it is still under warranty so they will pay for it all but needless to say its a ball ache!!

:doh:

Yeah fair one, it could of been much worse.

Also does anyone know where i could get a cheap battery for the key fob? Looks like mine is dead.

Dont think they're very expensive, anywhere does them, just make sure you get the right one. I bought a batch of 12 off eBay for peanuts so got LOADS!!