Getting several warranty issues sorted at once.

Gurjeet

hi, I have a 2007 56 plate facelift GT. got it in jan, only done 17000 miles, very happy with it. I am intending to take it to a local dealer to have several issues addressed, all of which I believe are covered by warranty:

1. Skipping Bose head unit - mostly at motorway speeds - well covered by this forum, confident this should be sorted.

2. Bubbling on one (passenger rear) ray - varying experiences as far as I can see

3. Clicking rear axle - havent managed to see if this is covered by the warranty?

My question is this - should I be prepared to go in and argue my case for these issues to be sorted, or are they covered by things like technical service bulletins within nissan, which would be a valuable peice of knowledge to have before I go in. With car dealers doing less business these days, I could understand a reluctance to give service time to issues that may not be the fault of the dealership themselves. They may be more keen to allocate time to paying customers!

Has anyone gone in with documentation to support their case? Or is it worth giving Nissan GB a call beforehand and get their view on it?

And finally, anyone got experience of Nissan dealers within the glasgow area who are good to deal with?

Cheers

All warranty issue but expect an argument if your dealer is an idiot.

I have loads of coorosion on my Rays but the dealer point blank refused to do it. I was away so much at the time that I just said forget it!

There should be no arguments but take Nissan GBs customer service number with you just in case.

I think it is 01923 899334 unless it has changed.

so i phoned the arnold clark dealership in shettleston (east glasgow) to book in to be seen tomorrow. Told who I think was the service manager about the list of things to be done, and putting on my best colombo voice, asked him if he had heard of any of these issues before. Answer: no, never heard of any of those problems before in relation to the 350.

Oh dear. Think I may have my hands full come tomorrow

so i phoned the arnold clark dealership in shettleston (east glasgow) to book in to be seen tomorrow. Told who I think was the service manager about the list of things to be done, and putting on my best colombo voice, asked him if he had heard of any of these issues before. Answer: no, never heard of any of those problems before in relation to the 350.

This annoys me. They really are muppets.. Every problem is 'new'....

Honestly I'd print off the TSBs and show them to the service manager. Ask him if he ever reads anything Nissan sends him....

Then see what he says.

Hi,

sorry to tell you A.C. is the worst dealer for 350z problems. go to another dealer, regardless of mileage

DDM

so I went this afternoon. After a two and a half hour (!) wait, they said they would replace the bose, repair the clicking real axle by ordering some new bolts, grease them and torque them, and found bubbling on all four of the rays, taken some pics to send to nissan and said they would refurbish them. Not so sure about the last two solutions there, doesnt really tally up with a lot of experiences on here. Thoughts?

Good news on the Bose, there is a uk company handling them now so it should be quick.

Greasing the axle is their quick fix and what they usually do as its a lot cheaper. Make sure you ask them what they will do if it comes back.

From memory, after submitting the pics Nissan have always replaced rather than repaired the wheels.

i phoned nissan GB. They told me that the manufacturers suggested remedy for the bubbling is refurbishing the wheel. And he suggested that the rear axle replacement is specific to the 2003-2005 model years, and that nut/bolt replacement and greasing would be adequate for my car as they had apparently mostly sorted it by the time mine was built.

Martinmac is referring to my 04 Plate Z which has gone in for 2 reasons

1.Engine check light -Possibly cats, sensors, Plennum spacer etc

2. Clicking noise from rear axle, pulling away from standstill.

They are aware of the bulletin regarding the fault, and when I spoke to the chief technician, he said they would either replace parts or grease it! I of course, asked him kindly to use the Kit offered by Alex, and didnt he think that was the best way to solve, not prolong the issue.

I await the result, as Z is with them now... :snack:

Im impressed that you got all that under warrenty from AC

Very obvious they are not getting enough money in from punters not buying cars, so are now forced to be doing warrany work that they should be doing No Questions!!

So far so good

Well done

DDM

that makes sense on the wheels, i am not actually sure how you would manage to refurb a wheel for what is an intrinsic problem to the manufacture of the wheel. I shall give nissan GB a call and see what their take on it is.

• 4 weeks later...
ok so the car is back, good efficient service from AC, courtesy car, wheels look good, head unit replaced and the clicking is now gone.

Overall quite happy.

Lets see how long it lasts!

Woohooo great news mate :yahoo:

cheers dude. i am actually contemplating buying tyres from them too, there is a chap there who is quite keen to match/beat prices. he quoted me £567 for 4 Toyo proxes T1-R fitted/balanced/valves etc. Thoughts?

cheers dude. i am actually contemplating buying tyres from them too, there is a chap there who is quite keen to match/beat prices. he quoted me £567 for 4 Toyo proxes T1-R fitted/balanced/valves etc. Thoughts?

I am a falken man myself but i think that is quite a reasonable price to be honest mate. Am sure others will be along soon with their thoughts :)