Test drove a MY06 Today!!!

Sarnie

Hi

I took my car to the Westway Nissan in Brum today to sort out when the warranty work on my Zed is going to be done.

I did, however , arrange a test drive of the new Zed at the same time.

The first thing that I noticed was the interior. It just looked expensive compared to the current one. The main thing for me was the Sat Nav button and housing looked mint, with no more crappy remote thingy that I have to fumble around with at the moment.

Driving wise, the the clutch was the main difference for me. It felt very very light compared to mine, I never realised of stiff mine was( :blush: ) Getting back into mine was a chore. The extra 20 BHP did seem to make it quite a bit quicker (I think) and the steering felt a bit more sensitive.

Overall it was very cool The dealer even offered to give me £19500 for mine which I thought was really good given that I only paid £20500 for it in December and have added 10000 miles to it since then!!!

Can't really justify the extra £9k for a few feel good factors. I am however trying to convince the OH to buy Geordie's UY GT4

:thumbs:

hmmm i may go to fishbrothers and check out the price of a trade up

though i also like look of the s2000 and the caymen, grrrr

also what is the 350z convertable like for performance/handling compared to standard?

Ahhhh - see... The summer weather always gets people thinking about a drop top...:teeth:

Guess whos driving home with the top down tonight...:p

I think the performance drops by about 0.2 to 60, the rigidity doesnt seem too different to be honest, as they have still managed to keep the rear strut brace.

The weight is up about 100KG believe it or not! which will make some difference in agility, I have only ever driven the coupe on a couple of test drives, and find the roadster almost identical.

The sound of that exhaust not with the roof down certainly makes up for any shortcomings on teh rest of the car.

The pre 06 model doesnt have steering wheel mounted controls for the stereo though.

Hi

I took my car to the Westway Nissan in Brum today to sort out when the warranty work on my Zed is going to be done.

I did, however , arrange a test drive of the new Zed at the same time.

The first thing that I noticed was the interior. It just looked expensive compared to the current one. The main thing for me was the Sat Nav button and housing looked mint, with no more crappy remote thingy that I have to fumble around with at the moment.

Driving wise, the the clutch was the main difference for me. It felt very very light compared to mine, I never realised of stiff mine was( :blush: ) Getting back into mine was a chore. The extra 20 BHP did seem to make it quite a bit quicker (I think) and the steering felt a bit more sensitive.

Overall it was very cool The dealer even offered to give me £19500 for mine which I thought was really good given that I only paid £20500 for it in December and have added 10000 miles to it since then!!!

Can't really justify the extra £9k for a few feel good factors. I am however trying to convince the OH to buy Geordie's UY GT4

:thumbs:

While I was there the sales guy tried to sell me some Supaguard stuff. What EXACTLY does it do? I've lots of peole say its crap but how does it work? It claims to eliminate the need for waxing or polishing for 3 years :scare:

put it this way i find it works, I clean the car by washing it and it has a nice lovely shine, am going to apply the 2nd coat (since i bought in November) this weekend - its good but certainly not worht the 300 quid they claim it is

put it this way i find it works, I clean the car by washing it and it has a nice lovely shine, am going to apply the 2nd coat (since i bought in November) this weekend - its good but certainly not worht the 300 quid they claim it is

Good cos I bought some fromeBay a month or so ago for £5!!! :p

Guess whos driving home with the top down tonight...:p

ya misses :bleh:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nope - twas mine to take to work yesterday :p I dont make a habbit of it though, to keep the miles down.

Also the car park where she works is better than here - wouldnt want any more of those unwanted door dents. :angry: