Help please with engine check light and error code

JDM Performance

Hi guys

Just back after driving home tonight after winning 2nd place in a show n shine competition at Knockhill - got my trophey presented by James May no less.... anyway, coming home the engine check light comes on...

I've got a Blitz R-Vit in my car and it shows error code "1". I've checked this thread (http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151170) and tried to get the check light to flash in the same way but it doesnt play ball. The error code "1" on the Blitz doesnt seem to correspond with anything on this thread either.

Can anyone help?

Cheers in advance

Chris

do you have any access to an ODBII reader? I know that sounds stupid as you are getting it to flash but ask around and someone near you will have one. I got one off ebay for 20 quid and it is invaluable

there is a thread on the owners club general page where I posted a link to one

hope you get it sorted :)

do you have any access to an ODBII reader?

Well my Blitz is meant to read out ODBII error codes, but "1" doesnt seem to correspond with any error code for the 350?? odd

I know that sounds stupid as you are getting it to flash

Thats the problem, I'm not managing to get it to flash...

but ask around and someone near you will have one. I got one off ebay for 20 quid and it is invaluable

Is this the one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/U380-OBD-2-EOBD-C ... dZViewItem

I'll just buy one if it is....

Cheers

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Grrrr... I've now got one of those eBay ODB checkers (finally! took 3 weeks to arrive...) and plugged it in with high hopes. Just my luck "Error" appeared - which apparently means its not communicating with my ECU.

So I'm non the wiser as to what's wrong. I have decided to just disconnect the battery for a while and see if that clears it in the hope it might just have been a gremlin but does anyone else have an suggestions?

..better mention too that I also plugged in a Greddy Informeter and strangely enough it said I didnt have an error code (?????) but kept giving me warnings on voltage, saying it was at 14.5V but when I checked with a voltmeter it said 12V... wtf is going on?

I feel like taking it to Nissan but does anyone know if their diagnostic equipment works fine on JDM models?