My 'new' wheels. Time attack style!

marzman

Excellent job Marz looks B)

Is that satin black on the wheels?, and how did you paint the red around the rim? masked and sprayed, or by using a pinstriping brush?

Paint is actually standard Halfords Gloss black... but you're right it does look satin which im pleased with...!

The red stripe was painted by hand with a small brush, using masking tape on the tyre side and pvc electrical tape on the wheel as its flexible enough to curve when you apply it...!

Digsy - spacers and maybe springs are next on my list. Will need to sell my old wheels to pay for them though so may be a while yet.

Nice one, i can see a mod happening very soon :teeth:

I think these look really good.

As others have said the finish looks professional - so well done :thumbs:

When I noticed they were JDM 17"s (always check the pictures out before reading!) I thought they would look to small, but they don't. The black just seems to make them look bigger somehow. I'm impressed!

Well im happy to say - we've had 2 days of rain and the paint hasnt washed off yet... :lol:

The rain was that heavy yesterday that it woke me in the morning, and i was expecting to look out of my window and see some nice silver wheels and 4 black puddles on my drive, but no - they're still black!

I've just PM'd CS about getting some spacers sorted out... as i daren't show my face at Wales without them... :blush:

I was going to order some springs too but have been reading about needing to replace something else so i can adjust the camber - and i dont fancy forking out for all that too (unless someone can tell me it only costs another £50 :p ) ...but it would have been nice.

Well im happy to say - we've had 2 days of rain and the paint hasnt washed off yet... :lol:

The rain was that heavy yesterday that it woke me in the morning, and i was expecting to look out of my window and see some nice silver wheels and 4 black puddles on my drive, but no - they're still black!

I've just PM'd CS about getting some spacers sorted out... as i daren't show my face at Wales without them... :blush:

I was going to order some springs too but have been reading about needing to replace something else so i can adjust the camber - and i dont fancy forking out for all that too (unless someone can tell me it only costs another £50 :p ) ...but it would have been nice.

I have got a spare set of the camber/toe bolts for the rear that i havent used.

Think they are about £30 new...

I have got a spare set of the camber/toe bolts for the rear that i havent used.

Think they are about £30 new...

...and are they all i'd need when lowering on springs...???

Cheers for the comments folks!

Its been great working on them and i really did work my ass off!!

The finish on the black is excellent, but up close the red isnt perfect as you can imagine... although you do have to be within a meter to see it. Coverage is good but there are a couple of areas where the edges are just off.

GT4 - i got the lights from Delsa Motorsport in the states, but Paul T on here is custom making them now i think :thumbs: ...but i dont fancy doing your wheels - the missus will kill me...! I've had mine in my lounge for 2 weeks :bounce:

As for my other wheels... Martin, can you PM me what u ended up getting for your rims please...? they were Ruff Racing werent they? Mine have only done about 4k miles on the FK452's so they've got to be worth something!

who's Paul T can't find him in the members list.

Cheers for the comments folks!

Its been great working on them and i really did work my ass off!!

The finish on the black is excellent, but up close the red isnt perfect as you can imagine... although you do have to be within a meter to see it. Coverage is good but there are a couple of areas where the edges are just off.

GT4 - i got the lights from Delsa Motorsport in the states, but Paul T on here is custom making them now i think :thumbs: ...but i dont fancy doing your wheels - the missus will kill me...! I've had mine in my lounge for 2 weeks :bounce:

As for my other wheels... Martin, can you PM me what u ended up getting for your rims please...? they were Ruff Racing werent they? Mine have only done about 4k miles on the FK452's so they've got to be worth something!

who's Paul T can't find him in the members list.

P15ULT i think he means