Wiring through bulkhead

clarkie34

I have just had my lights customised by Dreamcustomz and had switches installed.I am wondering what would be the easiest way to run cable from the drivers light into the drivers footwell.

Any help much appreciated,then i can get my mods working properly.

I dont know for sure, but you might get lucky going through around the brakes master cylinder and brake booster area. On the passenger side you obviously have the grommit behind the battery. Sure someone else will be along with better ideas ;)

I have just had my lights customised by Dreamcustomz and had switches installed.I am wondering what would be the easiest way to run cable from the drivers light into the drivers footwell.

Any help much appreciated,then i can get my mods working properly.

try this. I ran the cable from the battery to underneath the driver's seat

http://s565.photobucket.com/albums/ss95 ... 0to%20amp/

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers guys, thats a great route. Has anybody succesfully got cables into the cubby behind the passenger seat without pulling apart the whole interior? I have a number of signal cables running under the central armrest and a power cable installed as above, all of which i need to get into the cubby! Any ideas?

Cheers guys, thats a great route. Has anybody succesfully got cables into the cubby behind the passenger seat without pulling apart the whole interior? I have a number of signal cables running under the central armrest and a power cable installed as above, all of which i need to get into the cubby! Any ideas?

This isn’t too hard buddy…. It sounds like a lot of a work but it can be done by lunch!

First up you will need to raise the centre consol. I left the gear knob on as you can raise the centre consol ~10cms which is plenty for running cables through. If you want to completely remove the centre consol the gear knob will have to come off first.

Have a few tea towels or cloths about as the plastics can scratch quite easily.

Pop the gear knob surround out and remove the 2 screws holding the centre consol in place. They are the lowest ones you can see.

Remove the ashtray and remove the 1 screw in the cubby hole.

Slide both seats forward to remove the screws on the each side of the consol rear.

Pull the hand brake up (quite hard) and you can raise the centre consol about 10cms. You need to kind of slide is back first and then up, you’ll see what I mean…

I used some cable ties and electrical tape make a little loom with my RCA’s and speaker wires and I run this down the driver’s side of the consol. On the passenger side I run my constant live and remote live. It is much easier if you loom the wires together for the next stage. It also keeps it tidy and prevents things from moving about.

As you work the cables down the centre consol and under the arm rest cubby (where your Bluetooth lives) you will feel two round holes about 3cm across on each side which enter the rear of the car.

The rear cavity is essentially one large space partially split down the middle but there are plenty gaps and holes to poke your cables through. To get to the cavity on the passenger side remove everything in the glove box and use a flat head to remove the plastic tray under the carpet. Disconnect the two electrical sockets and slide the tray out. Pull out the sheet of sound deadening.

If you reach under the floor you can now ‘meet’ your fingers reaching through the hole under the Bluetooth and pass the wires through. Relief! This was my live and remote live done.

If you are running a live and want to keep this away from the other cables you will need to remove the Bose woofer (it’s only 4 bolts). You might need a friend at this stage, the Bose is one heavy mother of a sub… ;)

Remove the sheet of sound deadening and again you can reach across and meet your cables through the other hole under the Bluetooth. Shine a torch in the cavity and you can see plenty of spaces to run the cables through to the glove box. You should now have everything you need in the glove box and you can rebuild the rest of the car!

Drop me a PM if you get stuck or need a quick chat.

What he said ^^^^

I think he managed it yesterday though as he asked via PM. Sorry was a bit slow on catching up with this thread :blush:

Thanks for both your input, I did exactly what you said above and it works a dream. The only thing left to do is hide the cable and sat nav puck. Any tips? I have it magnetically fixed to the underside of the rear strut brace at the moment, but want to hide the cable. Is there another easy route?

PS I can also highly recommend using a vaio laptop, it comes out of hibernation in around 7 seconds!

I only needed to go back as far as the glove box mate. Would you be happy with the NAV in the glove box behind the passenger seat?

You can remove the plastic trim surrounding the rear strut brace and run the wires under that that but it looks quite fiddly. I think the plastic there is quite brittle and the clips are quite tight so you have to be careful and apply your pressure as close to the clips as possible...

You can remove the plastic trim surrounding the rear strut brace and run the wires under that that but it looks quite fiddly. I think the plastic there is quite brittle and the clips are quite tight so you have to be careful and apply your pressure as close to the clips as possible...

Thats the best place to stick it. The dark plastic bit on the top side of the strut brace pulls up nice and easy (start at the bit nearest the passender seat, around to the silver bit and it will pop up easily). Stick it on the metal underneath it and feed the cable down the side. There is a nice hole in the floor at the bottom of the strut brace you can stick it through and down to the cubby. Job done :thumbs: On and remember to remove any top cover on the GPS puck itself to get best reception :teeth: