DENSO SPARK PLUGS

jerry3167

The strut brace can be loosened towards the passenger side and then simply undo the 3 bolts and one nut each side to take it off. Once it is off the car will settle ever so slightly so when you put it back on it may not be as tight / be tighter. Once it is back on I would take the car down the road and then check if there is still tension in it. As long as it is bracing the struts, you're fine. (technically you're fine without one at all)

The strut brace can be loosened towards the passenger side and then simply undo the 3 bolts and one nut each side to take it off. Once it is off the car will settle ever so slightly so when you put it back on it may not be as tight / be tighter. Once it is back on I would take the car down the road and then check if there is still tension in it. As long as it is bracing the struts, you're fine. (technically you're fine without one at all)

Thanks very much :D

Is there a reason for using Denso Iridiums ?

A lot of us on the SXOC use NGK Iridium's instead. The difference being that the electrode on the Denso's has a ∅ 0.4mm where the NGK's are ∅ 0.6mm so they seem to stand

up to occasional det better (and the NGK's are cheaper :)) .

Just looked at the spec for the Denso Iridium Long Life series and the have the ∅ 0.7mm electrode but are £12 each for my SR20DET where the NGK's are £6

The DENSOs I got have the 0.4mm electrode -Melting point Iridium 2454 degrees / Platinum 1769.

Basically, the smaller the electrode, the more concentrated the electric potential at the electrode.

The stronger the electric field, the lower the required voltage. As a result, combustion is good for all types of driving, engines starts easily, and acceleration improves.

Jerry :snack:

• 2 weeks later...
Just ordered mine from there too, taken advantage of the Easter discount too! :bounce:

Plugs are £15 each from Nissan. These are less than £40 for 6 through Opie at the moment. :thumbs:

Are they? £53.44 on the website currently, but I guess the easter sale is over, and thats still a good price really...

I bought a set of the denso iridiums from Opie oils last year at Japfest :thumbs:

Fitted them myself, which isn't as difficult as you may think. I was advised by some people to take the plenum chamber and lower collector off completely, but unless you like the extra work, or you are adding a spacer at the same time, there is absolutely no need.

Take the strut brace and air intake pipe off to start with.

Then move the wiring looms on both sides running above the coil packs out of the way.

Undo the bolts holding the coil packs in place, and pull them out of the way.

Then with a suitable extension and plug socket on your ratchet undo and remove the old spark plugs and replace with the new ones. Do not overtighten A simple nip up is all you need to do.

Refit the coil packs and wiring, then the air intake and strut brace, and Bobs your uncle :thumbs: