Garages for MODs in Bristol / Bath

buckmoy

HIya Guys

I know some of you are from these western parts - and I should explain I prolly haven't a clue about mods.

I know I could do the research myself and buy bits online and stuff but basically what I'm after is a garage / mechanic in bristol/bath areas who has dealt with Zs before and would be able to order and fit bits for me in a bit of a "one stop shop" stylee.

I just want to give someone some money and say "MAKE IT FASTER!" without having to make decisions or think too hard...

I know thats a bit lame but its all v v bewildering..plenum.. cat back? FI super v tt, filters etc etc aaa

can u guys recommend anyone?

ta again. :thumbs:

I'm after speed - not superficial noises or styling. Just speed. budget is prob 1.5k at mo. so nothing major.

only way to make it "faster" is go forced induction

failing that the kinetix v+ and high flow cats do certainly crispen up throttle respnse and increase the noise (subtley) and seem to give improved feeling in the mid range which is where it counts

am in Pewsham/Chippenham if ever you're out and about - you wont miss the car :D

thanks for the responses guys - I'm guessing therefore that its possibly a better idea to save for a decent mod. Like maybe supercharging. I've done a search around and I know/think that yr lookin at 4k ish to fit - but what about cost of returning to stock, effect on insurance etc?

any pointers as ever v grateful.

i was considering supercharging but then figured what exactly would it give me. Stock the car is very fast, make no mistake, and the brakes and handling is superb on track

then after another great track day (where a bit more horses would be nice but ott) I started to think if the likes of RJN get blown engines (ok I know a race engine is different) then what is the real risk of mine going pop and what would it cost, to me, to get it sorted

SC is still something I might consider in the future but I'd rather do it right, with lower comp pistons and possibly revised crank just to be safer - who knows, in a few years if I still have the car it may have too many miles on to risk doing it, on the other hand maybe a few of the engines here will pop

its not the daily, I got a discovery (actually its up for sale if you know anyone that could fancy one ;)) but even though I could do the rebuild, if required, its a pain I dont want - am waiting a while longer to see how the early SC cars cope.

But after the track days I am strongly suspecting that it would be a move for the worse. For the road and for show its a superb move but on the track I dont think its wise for me, my skill isnt up to that level nor do I want the increase stress of a track time + FI on the car.

2 things about the states

1.) 98% of them live on credit and parts are a lot cheaper

2.) Although i trust there are some great tune shops out there, I fear a lot of it isnt well done and am sure we dont hear that much about the disasters

same as we dont hear about BMW reliability issues as BMW owners dont want to scream about their faults so much