Clicking Rear Axle

g60luke

Hi,

How many of you have had the car fixed out of warranty (mine is 6 months out of warranty) and just wondered if Nissan have any decency in fixing it.

Secondly what exactly is replaced to fix this? Is it just the outer CV Joint?

Mine is a MY05 GT4.

Cheers

Luke

• 4 weeks later...
Hi!

Have you got an address/tel num for me to contact Nissan Customer services?

Cheers

Luke :thumbs:

Call the Customer Service team on

- 01923 899334

Alternatively contact by E-mail

gb@nissan-services.eu

Or by post

The Customer Service Team

The Rivers Office Park

Maple cross

Rickmansworth

WD39YS

Hertfordshire

UK

:thumbs:

Thanks CS for the addresses, i've just noticed the clicking rear axle issue on my car, but i'm just out of warrenty by a month, so i've emailed them to see what they say. i cheekily mentioned that i was a club member in the email, and that i had read alot about the issue already from the forum, and that i didn't want it regreasing. will let everyone know what they say in the end.

have spoken to nissan GB and they have passed me on to the dealership first,

so i have decided to give marshalls of bury st edmunds a go, have just spoken to them on the phone, they have been very helpful, just got to send them a fax of my service book tomorrow, and will wait to hear what they have to say.

have just spoken to marshalls of bury st edmunds who have had a reply from nissan GB regarding my clicking axle and have refused to fix it out of warranty.

there reason is because i haven't been a loyal customer, i bought my 350 from a non nissan dealership so i didn't get there extended warranty. and didn't buy from them, so they aren't going to do it. :dry:

nissan GB are a bunch of $"!"£$3£%£"2 "E£"!3" :rant::angry::dry:

not sure what to try next the car is out of warranty by 3 weeks. should i speak to nissan GB direct about it?

only had the car since november would the dealer i bought it off pay for it do you reckon? i thought most cars come with a 12 month warranty when you buy second hand from a dealership?

• 1 month later...

just had my final answer from nissan GB they are flatly refusing to do the work or even meet half way with this and that i have to take the issue up with the dealership i bought from.

i'm not a loyal customer therefore i don't get any good will work. i told them i'm due my first service since owning the car and whats the incentive to become a loyal nissan customer, and they didn't seem to give a toss.

i am going to write to there monitoring body as i believe its an issue from factory manufacture, not from wear and tear. other cars have had recalls for less. yet nissan are happy to let people pay for it themselves.

just been on the phone to the dealership i bought from, they have been really good, but only sell cars with what ever warranty is left by the original manufacturer.

looks like i'm left to fix this myself.

will have to save up and go visit ZmanAlex for the right part. and then go see my friend with the pit to see if he'll help me fit it all.