Brake Fluid

tomedwards

Just a couple of questions:

I can see from looking at the other threads that Mobul RBF600 is recommended - I called Demon Tweeks to check their stock and the guy said not to bother, even for track days as it would need replacing each time?? He recommended a castrol fluid. This seems to differ from the general consensus on here, I saw someone mention that they did a few trackdays and changed it anually, which suits me.

The one thing I cant seem to find out is how much fluid I would need to completely replace the OEM stuff (which I managed to boil at brands last week). Seems to come in 1/2 litre bottles

Thanks!

I can see from looking at the other threads that Mobul RBF600 is recommended - I called Demon Tweeks to check their stock and the guy said not to bother, even for track days as it would need replacing each time??

Nonsense! Mine's been in 18 months (about 5K miles), 2 track days and a CAT driver training day and it's fine.

The one thing I cant seem to find out is how much fluid I would need to completely replace the OEM stuff (which I managed to boil at brands last week). Seems to come in 1/2 litre bottles

From memory I used 1.5l i.e. 3 bottles.

Camskill was the cheapest when I did mine.

Are you sure you boiled the fluid? You might have overheated the pads (which I've done on track before). After normal road driving for a few hundred miles the overheated surface wears off and the braking performance comes back.

excellent, thanks all

I was told by someone on the track it was boiled, but I would imagine he was speculating. I was planning on getting new pads all round anyway, so will get the ds2500, then replace the fluid while im at it. Might get some braided lines too..... hmmm this hobby is getting expensive

Cheers

excellent, thanks all

I was told by someone on the track it was boiled, but I would imagine he was speculating. I was planning on getting new pads all round anyway, so will get the ds2500, then replace the fluid while im at it. Might get some braided lines too..... hmmm this hobby is getting expensive

Cheers

As per our PM's, the RBF600 is tried and tested... :thumbs:

excellent, thanks all

Cheers

IF you're going to lay out money for new pads and 1.5l of RBF600, then you may as well spend £60 more and get some HEL lines. Well worth it :thumbs:

The Motul RBF600 works quite well. I recommend to our customers to alternate between it and ATE Super Blue, as they have nearly identical specs wet and dry, and the color change makes it very easy to bleed. For 90% of people out there, either of these work well. The ATE is a terrific value, where at least here in the US you get 2 x the amount for about 1/2 the cost of Motul.

The Castrol that many run with success is the SRF. I've used it, works fantastically well for an all out track assault. Overkill for just a street car, or even a track day car on anything but full r copounds and an aggressive driver, and it's very expensive. The Endless Fluid (called "RF-650" I believe even outspecs the Castrol, and is used by many motorsport teams worldwide, and was used by Honda in their F1 program, as well as by Porsche in the GT3 Cup cars (comes standard from Porsche that way).

The Motul RBF600 works quite well. I recommend to our customers to alternate between it and ATE Super Blue, as they have nearly identical specs wet and dry, and the color change makes it very easy to bleed.

That's a really good idea.

I'd forgotten about ATE Super Blue. It was very popular on an Audi forum I used to use when I had an Audi.

The Motul RBF600 works quite well. I recommend to our customers to alternate between it and ATE Super Blue, as they have nearly identical specs wet and dry, and the color change makes it very easy to bleed.

That's a really good idea.

I'd forgotten about ATE Super Blue. It was very popular on an Audi forum I used to use when I had an Audi.

Really? I thought Audi's used that funky brake fluid (or maybe just the ones I owned did lolol)

I called Demon Tweeks to check their stock and the guy said not to bother,

!!! I wonder when DT fitted my DBA discs & Endless pads in 2007 they also used my Motul fluid as well then !!! You must have been speaking to a noobie there! :bangin:

BTW, is was in the car for some 30k miles - 18 months as well!!!!