MLR Rolling Road day @ Eurospec 2000

Chris`I

My mate Ben (MAD7BOY) and MLR recently invited me along to a RR day at Eurospec 2000 in Guildford - http://www.euro-spec2000.co.uk/

Had a thoroughly wonderful day, loads of nice Evo's plus my lowly little Zed in the corner. I think I made a good name for us N/A boys, shocking them all with the looks and lovely flat torque curve of the Zed. The guys at Eurospec were very good, giving everyones car a race prep (check fluids, make sure car is nice and warm, check tyre pressures, fit knock sensor/listener and even fixed any little problems that the others had - obviously my Zed was perfect :lol: ) before strapping them on the rollers. Its a great place they've got there, in a pretty massive unit! Can fit at least 20 cars in there.

I ended up making 228WHP and 278BHP/240ft-lbs at the fly. Torque seems a bit down compared to some, but dont get how as I made stock BHP with it being down, I think it might have been wheel torque in reality which was quoted as fly which would give me the right figures when fudged ;)

Anyway, the bits you all like, photies! (vid to follow at some point)

All ready and waiting:

RR_21MAR09_34.JPG

Bens Evo going up

RR_21MAR09_35.JPG

Bens Evo being prepped

RR_21MAR09_36.JPG

And... action!

RR_21MAR09_42.JPG

My turn (needed some wood to clear the lip :blush:

RR_21MAR09_43.JPG

Just about makes it ....

RR_21MAR09_46.JPG

Test Run

RR_21MAR09_50.JPG

And the results after 2 runs... nearly there... (note its BHP and AFR)

RR_21MAR09_68.JPG

Will post up the proper graphs when I get home and take a pic of them :thumbs:

All in it was a good day, and the guys were throroughly nice and helpful. If anyone around the Guildford area wants a dyno run or work doing on the Zed, they seem very good at what they do. Didnt manage to ask about servicing prices, but I think they said labour was about £50+VAT an hr so not to bad at all.

Impressive place and great day had by the looks of it. I know Eurospec well and although I live in Lincoln and Manchester I have always travelled there with my FTO as Ben and the guys certainly know there stuff and would recommend them to anybody. Nice to see such a good torque curve for the Zed, hopefully shifted a few oppinions from the other performance owners. :D

Should be noted that in that pic Ben took its actually Fly HP and AFR :) The MLR chaps were most impressed with the torque curve, giving a nice amount of power right from the off and pulling nicely to about 5500RPM. Just wish we could get some nice results from tuning without mega money.

Ben and the team were certainly very welcoming and seemed to look after the cars very well, certainly better than a few places I have been to in the past, especially in the prep department.

So, do EVOs come in any other colour then?

Yeah they do! I was jesting with them about it, but silver is more popular in the Evo circles than Zeds! There was a yellow one later on and a red one, and even a black one ;)

Yeah they do! I was jesting with them about it, but silver is more popular in the Evo circles than Zeds! There was a yellow one later on and a red one, and even a black one ;)

Just strange to see it there!

There are loads of Evos up here but I don't see so many in silver!

Just strange to see it there!

There are loads of Evos up here but I don't see so many in silver!

It's an interesting question as to why there were so many silver Evo's present that day. I was discussing it with my Dad and I concluded that it might be demographic related. I.e. is there something in common amongst the people there on the day which made them more likely to choose a silver Evo.

Chris and I live in the South, where there tend to be more professional service industries. So the owners here are more likely to be professionals who would be reasonably well paid [hence all the cars were 7/8/9's i.e. later models (except the one TME)] and who may need to use the car for work [hence were subtle colours like Silver for the most part].

There are a lot of Evo owners in Scotland, many of whom work on the rigs, so don't need the car for work - they just need it for entertainment while they are on the mainland!

Just an idea.

Or people up here just have some imagination! :lol::lol::lol:

:p

(Probably true though... you need something bright to make up for the dull weather up there...)

I guess it's down to whats available at the time you are buying.

The colour I see the most is black which is just as subtle.

To an extent, yes. Although I travelled almost 300 miles (round trip) to get my Silver car for the very reason that I couldn't very well have a bright yellow one, doing what I do for a job. (Chartered Accountant)

Sarnie is a financial advisor and had a bright yellow Zed then an orange Gallardo.....

Poor excuse!

If you hunted out a silver one because you like them then that's fine. I wouldn't let my job dictate what colour of car I drove.

Sarnie is a financial advisor and had a bright yellow Zed then an orange Gallardo.....

Poor excuse!

If you hunted out a silver one because you like them then that's fine. I wouldn't let my job dictate what colour of car I drove.

Sadly - its a reality - I know fellow contractors who have been asked to leave because of the car they drove. :surrender:

Poor excuse!

Sadly - its a reality - I know fellow contractors who have been asked to leave because of the car they drove. :surrender:

WHAT????????

Wow accountants really are mega boring though.

'you must wear tweed and drive a rover 75 in beige'

I know of several firms where the partners are banned from bringing their Ferrari's into work as they give the wrong impression to clients who see them in the car park. An orange Lambo would fall into that category too.

Imagine trying to quote for a piece of work when you've just turned up in a £100k supercar... I know the Evo isn't in the same league but it's still a bit of a 'flash car' becasue it's loud/powerful/antisocial etc. Being yellow as well would take the biscuit!

Accountants themselves are not boring per se (certainly not doing the CF that I do), but we have to try to maintain the illusion that we don't make masses of money so people keep paying us decent rates. When you're pitching for work it is about image to a certain extent unfortunately.

I know of several firms where the partners are banned from bringing their Ferrari's into work as they give the wrong impression to clients who see them in the car park. An orange Lambo would fall into that category too.

Imagine trying to quote for a piece of work when you've just turned up in a £100k supercar... I know the Evo isn't in the same league but it's still a bit of a 'flash car' becasue it's loud/powerful/antisocial etc. Being yellow as well would take the biscuit!

Accountants themselves are not boring per se (certainly not doing the CF that I do), but we have to try to maintain the illusion that we don't make masses of money so people keep paying us decent rates. When you're pitching for work it is about image to a certain extent unfortunately.

+1 from another accountant. You don't want to be rubbing clients noses in it if you're making a fortune.

I think you'll find Sarnie turned up at his clients in an Audi A3...... ;)

Must just be the oil operators then....

It is actively encouraged to have a car park full of Astons and Ferraris! In reality it's normally the Range Rovers that are there!

Shame I work for a service company..... :dry: