Thinking about a track toy-not a zed, lol.

M350ZB

Any of you guys got a track toy, wither it is a beast or a banger ?

Me and one of my mates, are thinking of buying an old xr2 or something very similar and basically turning it into a track toy, from what i know its about £100 for a track day at say brands, were thinking of getting a xr2, stripping it down, playing about with it and then trailering it to tracks.

Anyone got any advice or as said do this sort of thing ?

Thanks

:thumbs:

Average price of a track day is £200.

A car with cheap readily avaiable parts like a Ford seems like a good idea

Thats what we are thinking, ford xr2, hoping to pick one up dirt cheap, few modz, e.t.c, and were away :teeth:

£200, bit more than i thought, is this all day though, tbh dont know too much when it comes to the prices of track days e.t.c :thumbs:

Mark, plenty of ex racing XR2s about so you could shell out a little more initially but save in the long run by buying a car that is already a track car.

Another option that i did think of, in the way that if it comes allready with a roll cage and seats, e.t.c, have trialed threw psiton heads, seen a few, but all up north, well most of them, have to keep me eyes pealed, ideally we would like a cheap one with a solid engine, so depending on how serious we get with it, we can decided to take what ever route. I know plenty of you guys have done track days on here, what sort of prices we looking at, and what if anything is requirred in the car, i know helmet, fire extinguiser, .............. ?

I think it really comes down to what you want out of a track car.

Are you looking for the enjoyment of working on an old motor in your spare time or are you just looking for the driving?

If you like working on it then get something un-modded but if its just for the drive then look for one already race-prepped.

:thumbs:

Still got that fiesta si if you wana have a look mate. but you will have to get your own helmet :p:lol:

Might have to take you up on that mate, ideally after a xr2, so if ya see one for peanuts, let us know, ya got me mob :thumbs: , o and get them pics up :lol:

In my experience you should be budgeting for around £300 per track day. That is based on an average of £200 entry fee, £50 fuel and £50 for accomodation, food, etc. It doesn't include tyre and brake pad wear and you can expect that to be quite high too.

Pretty good summary of it Trev :thumbs: