Take it easy in the sunshine...

H5

It's another lovely day and took the Zed up to Halfrauds to get me some Engine and Machine cleaner for the engine bay. On the way, a couple on their immaculate Honda Goldwing were completely taken out by someone impatient in a queue just pulling out of the line of traffic. I left the guy wondering why his wife wouldn't wake up (she was breathing) as the ambulance turned up.

Now I'm all for getting bikers to not zip down the outside of the traffic and it angers me when they do. But just check.

Even if on a selfish note, repairs to a Zed door will be expensive!

:)

Otherwise, enjoy the sun! It's a good day for a drive out! B)

Doesnt sound good! I dont think the car driver can claim not to have seen them, Goldwings are massive!!! On the flip side though, Goldwings should not be filtering they are about as wide as a car!

True though, take it easy in the sun B)

Ex biker, had a tankslapper at about 95 on a straight road in the middle of nowhere after hitting a raised catseye holder with no cateye in it last year, then bought the Z. I absolutely love bikes but they are dangerous. I used my bike everyday in all weathers and noticed a big difference between me and the weekend boys when we went out. To be honest its no wonder so many of them bite the dust. I was quick, and did a few trackdays, nurburgring etc, but not stupid and valued my life. The reality often was that they would never account for a car coming round a corner slightly wide. A lot of bikers whinge about people not seeing them but thats a reality that needs to be accounted for when riding. No doubt about it, there are a lot of @*!# drivers out there but there are a lot of dodgy riders aswell.

Completely agree Tim. What gets me is driving through queues of moving traffic and getting upset when someone makes a turn and the biker is in the wrong. As you say, lots of bad drivers and bikers, just makes for a bad combo. :blush:

Ex biker, had a tankslapper at about 95 on a straight road in the middle of nowhere after hitting a raised catseye holder with no cateye in it last year, then bought the Z. I absolutely love bikes but they are dangerous. I used my bike everyday in all weathers and noticed a big difference between me and the weekend boys when we went out. To be honest its no wonder so many of them bite the dust. I was quick, and did a few trackdays, nurburgring etc, but not stupid and valued my life. The reality often was that they would never account for a car coming round a corner slightly wide. A lot of bikers whinge about people not seeing them but thats a reality that needs to be accounted for when riding. No doubt about it, there are a lot of @*!# drivers out there but there are a lot of dodgy riders aswell.

Ex biker here too (or just between bikes - not sure ;)), completely agree with you.

Ex biker here too (or just between bikes - not sure ;)), completely agree with you.

Yup same here and totally agree. My R6 has been off the road for about a year now, and I'm not sure I'll get it back on again. Just dont find the time to get up at silly o'clock to go out for a ride, which is what you have to do if you want to miss any traffic and get a nice relaxing ride.

and most of you know the horrific accident my son was involved in last year. He got a type R just before xmas but the minute we've had a few dry days, it's going on ebay in favour of another bike! My worse nightmare again! (and he's still paying for the bike he crashed!)