First time at Santa Pod

ALT

traction control off, spin the wheels in the glue stuff at the start, youll see what i mean, and make sure your windows closed, dont worry about hitting it right on the green light (first time) because it makes no difference to your end result,

good luck an enjoy it, let the zed cool down between runs and make sure oil etc is spot on ;)

excellent, the zed is capable of very high 13's, gotta get those shift times down :p

I'm curious how the times compare from spec to spec for the standard cars. Mine is a MY'03, so 276 nominal. So how much better do the MY'06 and MY'07 standard cars do on the quarter mile, given the additional power?

Anyone generated a table of 1/4 mile times?

excellent, the zed is capable of very high 13's, gotta get those shift times down :p

I'm curious how the times compare from spec to spec for the standard cars. Mine is a MY'03, so 276 nominal. So how much better do the MY'06 and MY'07 standard cars do on the quarter mile, given the additional power?

Too many variables to be entirely accurate however I'm sure the 313 would be a bit quicker.

Too many variables to be entirely accurate however I'm sure the 313 would be a bit quicker.

+1 - the 03-05 have more low down torque so would be just as quick as the 06. The 07+ are a new engine., so would be slightly quicker, but its mainly down to the driver. Only having the same driver doing all 3 would prove anything, and even then it would take loads of runs to get a realistic average. In the real world, there is no real difference.

I really fancy doing this and when I have time in the summe would love to go down to Santa Pod. Can anyone here that has done it before tell me if this kills your tyres? Should I be factoring the cot of a new set into the budget after doing a day of this?

Also is there any changes I need to make to my car from stock? I only ask this because for track days you are recommended to upgrade the brakes aren't you?

Cheers

Can anyone here that has done it before tell me if this kills your tyres? Should I be factoring the cot of a new set into the budget after doing a day of this?

My tyres are fine after yesterday. I can't really tell much difference. If you get too much wheel spin, you won't go very fast anyway.

In the real world, there is no real difference.

and doesn't prove much......

It would be interesting though, wouldn't it ????? ;)

It would be for a reference. I know the 313 performs better to 100 and has better in gear acceleration. The in gear acceleration is what I base performance on really as traffic light grand prixs aren't my thing!

I doubt there would be too much in the 276 - 296.

It would be interesting though, wouldn't it ?

It would be for a reference.

So if everyone posts their 1/4 mile times, along with their model and mods, I'll pull it together into a table. Go on, you know you want to ;)

traction control off, spin the wheels in the glue stuff at the start, youll see what i mean, and make sure your windows closed, dont worry about hitting it right on the green light (first time) because it makes no difference to your end result,

good luck an enjoy it, let the zed cool down between runs and make sure oil etc is spot on ;)

You're in a street car, drive around the water in the burnout box and spin the up on the tarmac.. just don't spin them too much, you're not running drag slicks...

Unless you're racing, your RT is not important, so forget about attempting to get a good one. Concentrate on getting your revs right for a good launch.. but if you do want a good RT, don't wait for the green light to come on.. go on amber.. If you seen the green, you're too late ;)

any questions, just ask ..

slinky

Im planning to head up to the pod over the summer with some m8s if anyone else is interested in coming along?

Altheo, ive got the 313, but never been to the pod before. Ill post up my times after, but it wont be til the summer, def after easter.

Im planning to head up to the pod over the summer with some m8s if anyone else is interested in coming along?

Altheo, ive got the 313, but never been to the pod before. Ill post up my times after, but it wont be til the summer, def after easter.

You will enjoy it. One thing I wish I'd done before going is to sign up to the street challenge. You get a number and they publish your best times on the web site.

http://www.rwyb.co.uk/cc_introduction.php

:drive1