Iphone FM transmitter and cradle

Fien

I've had my Zed now for 3 weeks and on my previous car i had an alpine head unit with usb connection to my iphone. from reading the posts this seems like a lengthy and expensive process if i want something similar with my Zed. I'm not wanting to change the standard head unit, after all its BOSE so isnt exaclty rubbish, so i'm going to have to go down the FM transmitter route.

Has anyone else done this with an iphone and if so which peices of kit would you recommend? i'm aware that a lot of those on ebay etc can tend to be really poor quality and you end up with static in the background for most of the time. Plus i'd ideally like one that charges the iphone as well.

I'm wanting to set up a cradle on the dash as well ideally so i can just stick my phone in when i get into the car and have easy access to track selection etc. Unfortunately the power points in the Zed wont help for the transmitters that come with a cradle as i dont want to be leaning over to the passenger side or have to look behind me all the time :wacko: .

Has any one done something similar? Any suggestions are welcome also.

Cheers :thumbs:

I've got a Monster cable that I use for my iPhone 2G and it works a treat. Plug it into the rear socket and tuck the cable and phone into the small cubby in the arm rest, or tuck the cable itself in there and close the lid, leaving the phone resting on the part just behing the gear lever (where the small flap you roll back is). Works a treat on my 06, although I do realize that the early cars have a different setup with regard to storage in the armrest.

I've got a Monster cable that I use for my iPhone 2G and it works a treat. Plug it into the rear socket and tuck the cable and phone into the small cubby in the arm rest, or tuck the cable itself in there and close the lid, leaving the phone resting on the part just behing the gear lever (where the small flap you roll back is). Works a treat on my 06, although I do realize that the early cars have a different setup with regard to storage in the armrest.

I did the same on Dan's advice in an earlier thread and am very pleased with the performance of the Monster cable. Got it from the States via eBay.