Oil and Oil Filter

g60luke

Hi,

Bought a Genuine Nissan filter today cos I want to do an interim service on the Z before the next main dealer one.

2 questions!

1. Is the filter really small or is it me!!! 65mm high, and about 65mm diameter. Part number 15208-9F600

(Same part as an Almera?!)

2. What grade of oil is used normally. The guy at Nissan said they use a 10w40 semi synthetic. I am happy to use semi-synth since thats all I have ever used on my previously (quite modded) Golf Turbos that I have had several of over the years. But wanted to see what people recommend here. He mentioned Magnatec but I really dont rate this stuff :headhurt:

Cheers

Luke

Cheers fellas!

So the guy was talkin cr@p when he said 10w40 then? :rant:

Mine has 10w40 in it. I think thats why it feels a little tight and takes time to warm up. Its always been serviced at Nissan. There is some leeway in what you use in the engine, 10w40 is fine, but could be better. Its probably the same as in Micras etc :headhurt:

iv got some 10w40 millers oil so would u not reccomend this chris and go with 5w30?! :thumbs:

Etiher is fine, I dont think theres a lot in it. Oilman recommended 30 if you dont do any track work and the thicker 40 if you do. I think for the first number, the lower the better :)

I find it better on a cold start, engine seems a bit smoother and doesn't seem to struggle as much. No difference to me when engines warm tho, but if there was extra strain it would reduce the life of my engine I suppose without it being noticable.