dumb question

nickO

Currently have a 55 plate Civic Type R and after having a 350z for a week in America I want one.......

Am I looking at similar running costs ? looking at the prices for servicing the 350 seems well priced....

currently get between 20 and 30 mpg depending on how I drive...whats the 350 like ?

what about any other common costs ?

I need to be persuaded as could prob part ex my Civic for about 10k as only has 19k on the clock and put cash towards the 350

I need to be persuaded as could prob part ex my Civic for about 10k as only has 19k on the clock and put cash towards the 350

you'll be lucky,

i p/x my civic in in november and managed £10,000 and that was a 2007 with 19k on it.

you'll be lucky,

i p/x my civic in in november and managed £10,000 and that was a 2007 with 19k on it.

The older models seem to be holding their prices relatively well from what iv seen. A more desirable model as the new Type-R has had some bad reviews.

Anyway, what do you reckon to the difference in running costs of the two ?

Had a 350 in America, drove from LA to San fran past big sur, loved the car. Puts my CTR to shame :wacko:

As the others have said there are a few come from CTRs to the Zed, but what are the running costs of the CTR for those of us that dont know it? We can then tell you if its on par.

I get relatively high MPG for people on here, and on avereage see 28MPG, but thats because I do a lot of m-way driving. I think the MPG you quote is quite similar to the Zed, because unlike the CTR, you dont need to rag it everywhere to get some power :)

Thanks for the responses.

City driving I probably get average 25 as work in London and its stop start everywhere.....I have to drive like an old man to get that mpg too.....

On motorway driving I can get 30-32 but I have a heavy foot so more like 28 ....

and yes, to get to the power the car has to be worked to the VTEC...also, when in VTEC the consumption is shocking :scare:

Also, tank is 50litres,most iv had out of that was 280 miles, would say average 250.