GAUGING INTEREST IN CUSTOM SATNAV UNITS

GT4 Zed

Some of you would have bidded on this item when nurrish put it up for sale or may be familiar with this thread:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

In short i was the lucky winner of the auction and i am very pleased with this custom satnav and with the feedback from some members here, we(nurrish and i) are persuaded that it will be criminal not to offer it up to the forum. you would be hard pressed to think this unit was not OEM B)

When i bought this item it was because i wanted to fit the cubby hole with what nissan had intended but not for the same outlay even as retrofit. most aftermarket kits are complicated and would interfere with the Bose system etc which i was recluctant to do or change as it is adequate.

This unit does everything via FM, BT and is touch screen. IGo is very good, fast and accurate. There a host of additional features which make it even superior to the OEM birdview satnav plus the fact that you can mate it with aftermarket HUs or other bluetooth devices :thumbs: Fixed speed cameras warning, speeding alert function, POI, AV reciever to connect other stuff like reverse camera, displays of phone contacts information, playslist etc to name a few :D

We are gauging interest now and would come up with specs/pricing soon as we are negotaiting for even higher performance components and the hardware(trim/panels) with overseas contacts.

However we hope everthing should come in under or about £400 for full installation cost which includes all necessary hardware( cables, mic, motorised cubby to match for both pre 05 and 05 upwards cars etc) and software(IGO08 with full updateable GB and European mapping) and fitting.

The Wales meet in May would be a good time to get 5-10 cars fiited but for those in the Midlands or willing to travel this way we can accomodate you.

For those on the fence you may coose to wait for the may meet or earlier to see the system in action in mycar before you make up your mind :teeth:

Just a few pics of the system:

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0181-1.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

keep watching this space. A small promotional video on the manufacture testing of the new unit will follow soon.

please indicate your interest directly or pm to nurrish or myself.

cheers

Well said Bennett. No one can disagree that this is the best nissan birdview alternative and to top it off it looks totally factory fitted and is a fraction of the price!!

If your looking into sat nav for your zed look no further.....

Well said Bennett. No one can disagree that this is the best nissan birdview alternative and to top it off it looks totally factory fitted and is a fraction of the price!!

If your looking into sat nav for your zed look no further.....

Best birdview alternative? I wouldnt even consider Birdview, the Igo that this thing runs on is far better :thumbs::teeth:

£400 seems a very reasonable price for what you get too. Motorised cubby will look very plush B)

Ive just done this in mine, very easy conversion, most difficult thing is removing the PCD from the casing :lol: plus the screen fits perfectly. Only thing I need now is the updated IGO8 as Im still running IGO7. Plus the damn bluetooth wont pair with my Phone :rant:

I dont think the cubby can be motorised......but the switch located in side the cubby will turn the unit on once the flap is open.

The original post says motorised cubby :surrender:

You can get them, but they are mucho expensive, hence why I said this would be a good deal. Would be awesome to have the thing open and turn on with the IGN :thumbs:

The Wales meet in May would be a good time to get 5-10 cars fiited

Dont think Wales would be a very good time :surrender: Its normally a very busy day except it will be 2 days this year. So unless you are going to fit them whilst the owners sleep in the hotels when are you going to have time to fit them? :blush:

Dont think Wales would be a very good time :surrender: Its normally a very busy day except it will be 2 days this year. So unless you are going to fit them whilst the owners sleep in the hotels when are you going to have time to fit them? :blush:

If they get to Chester uber early then they could do it. But agreed, not likely to happen :headhurt:

If they get to Chester uber early then they could do it. But agreed, not likely to happen :headhurt:

Thanks guys for this insight. We will see what will work best and for whom and then take it from there the most important thing is the level of interest and towards followed by firm commitment. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Nurrish

I love the look of this - and how it looks OEM. However, one question I have is can I connect an ipod to this? From your original thread I assume the SD card holds the satnav software - is this also where the music playlists are stored - in which case how do you update music as the SD card is not accessible once installed.

Cheers

Dave

Nurrish

I love the look of this - and how it looks OEM. However, one question I have is can I connect an ipod to this? From your original thread I assume the SD card holds the satnav software - is this also where the music playlists are stored - in which case how do you update music as the SD card is not accessible once installed.

Cheers

Dave

You can connect an ipod to the unit but it transmits the sound over fm to your stereo. The card will hopefully be relocated to a accessible place.

Nice one Macca :thumbs:

Come on people show more interest :teeth: It is :wacko: not to want this!

For anyone who is around the midland area and would like to see a demo on my car....just pm me.

i free this whole week and keen to give the zed a good seeing to :lol:

Nice one Macca :thumbs:

Come on people show more interest :teeth: It is :wacko: not to want this!

For anyone who is around the midland area and would like to see a demo on my car....just pm me.

i free this whole week and keen to give the zed a good seeing to :lol:

Dammit, Mid-lands way to far, :lol:

Has a final price been agreed yet for the unit, and all sound e.t.c will come out of the original bose system?

We have not finalised this yet but we are sure that it should come in about circa £400 and we will be passing on any savings to buyers if we purchase in bulk from our suppliers, hence a minimum of 5 to start off things.

All sound will come through the original Bose system via FM which works very well. We are exploring hardwiring possiblity but Nurrish will be able confirm later if it is feasible within our proposed custom package both from a technical standpoint ease of fitting and ultimately costs.

We feel that as our package stands, its an excellent product that works well, fuss free and exceeds the OEM birdeye view by a mile. And in its current proposed configuration would be very easy to fit with minimum interference with the existing system/ cabling etc. :)

Has a final price been agreed yet for the unit, and all sound e.t.c will come out of the original bose system?

We have not finalised this yet but we are sure that it should come in about circa £400 and we will be passing on any savings to buyers if we purchase in bulk from our suppliers, hence a minimum of 5 to start off things.

All sound will come through the original Bose system via FM which works very well. We are exploring hardwiring possiblity but Nurrish will be able confirm later if it is feasible within our proposed custom package both from a technical standpoint ease of fitting and ultimately costs.

We feel that as our package stands, its an excellent product that works well, fuss free and exceeds the OEM birdeye view by a mile. And in its current proposed configuration would be very easy to fit with minimum interference with the existing system/ cabling etc. :)

Sounds good guys :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...