Honda Civic - Engine Swap?

greido

I've got an old 1994 Honda Civic ESi, I've used the car on and off for track days for the last 5 years.

Over the last few years it's spent more time on a SORN parked up in my garage, I lost a wee bit of enthusiasm for it as it only kicks out 125bhp and it a bit too slow these days, it's also a bit beaten up so is pretty much worthless so I doubt there would be any point in trying to sell it.

It's got KW coilover suspension, uprated discs and pads and handles well so I think the most cost effective way to improve the performance now would be drop a new engine in it?

Does anyone know where I could get info regarding this?

I'd like to know what more powerful Honda Vtec engines I could get to replace the current one? How much this might cost? As well as estimated fitting costs and what other peripherals I might need?

Any info would be very helpful.

Thanks,

G

i think the EK9 engine fits in there fairly easily, best bet is to check out the civic forums for the info you want, they have done many an engine swap.

there is a new member on here, who has come over from the CTR so he would probably have a better idea, jerry somebody.