Admiral - now covering modified cars better...

Chris`I

Thought I would post this up as I had a nice convo with a Canadian chap from Admiral last night about my renewal. He managed to save us a bundle over the renewal price, but interestingly there was a new option regarding mods to the car.

There is a new option on Admiral, where you can declare all mods, but also have them covered upto £500 for a single item. For somewhere between £6-£35 a year, they will cover your mods like for like. Whereas before they would insure you with mods, but not replace if you damaged them, they will now cover mods under this new option. Its brand new and not been running for long at all. I can now be happy that things like my Varis carbon lip are now covered whereas before they werent! This has a £50 excess for each item/claim, rather than your usual excess. If you have a big accident though it will be processed through a normal claim and your normal excess applies but the mods are covered.

I know a few of you are with Admiral, so try giving them a ring and see how much more it will cost you :thumbs:

Thats great news when i declared my mods they did say that they wernt covered, and my renewal is up end of april, so will give this a look in. Chris do you have a multi car plicy ?. I currently have a multi car policy and compared to my mates im saving a bundle, gonna try put the girlfriend on it too this year, see how it goes .

Yes I have multicar, saved a fortune. I think the only people that would have come close was Chris Knott, but now they dont do under 25s, I cant use them as the missus has to be able to drive my car.

The optional upgrade for mods is very new, I was the first person he had done it on. I am going to see how much it comes out at, but even at £35 it will be a bargin if I break my Varis lip or something.

Oh and I forgot to say, with this option, there is a £50 excess if you are claiming off this rather than the main policy. So if I claimed for my lip, it would only cost £50, not the full excess. If you claim on the normal premium, say in a big accident, then you would pay that excess but the mods are still covered B)

Will ammend my original post WRT the excess.

Hopefully Elephant will do the same as they're by far the cheapest quote I've got.

From what i belive Elephant and Admiral are part of the same company as such, i was on elepahnt, only reason i went admiral was for multi-car policy :thumbs:

ooo... this is interesting.... admiral are my cheapest renewal.. this is good news :thumbs::thumbs: ... can i ask whats stopping sum1 for say me... lips getting a bit scuffed... and just braking it... then just claiming for a new one for 50 quid instead of like 450 quid...

-ho

Was just thinking that m self :wacko:

Hopefully Elephant will do the same as they're by far the cheapest quote I've got.

From what i belive Elephant and Admiral are part of the same company as such, i was on elepahnt, only reason i went admiral was for multi-car policy :thumbs:

Yup, same parent company. Infact their share the same office address in Cardiff! I used to flip flop between Elephant and Admiral as one used to be a bit cheaper than the others renewal. With multicar only on Admiral, it ballses that up a bit ;)

Thats a great offer from Admiral. I really want to get a multi-car policy but my due dates for each car run in May for the Zed and september for the citroen work horse. Would i have to cancel 1 policy and reinstate it on a new 'multi' policy, or add it on when the insurance is due? Any thoughts?

ooo... this is interesting.... admiral are my cheapest renewal.. this is good news :thumbs::thumbs: ... can i ask whats stopping sum1 for say me... lips getting a bit scuffed... and just braking it... then just claiming for a new one for 50 quid instead of like 450 quid...

-ho

Was just thinking that m self :wacko:

I would assume there is a limit to claims, just like normal insurance. They will just hammer you with your premium or take away your NCB. If your NCB is protected or guarenteed though, it gives you a few claims before they hit you.

Will let you know all the details when the literature arrives for it. As I said, its brand new and the fella didnt know every last detail about it so told me to read the T&Cs carefully when I get it and if I dont like it they have a 14 day cooling off period so I can cancel it :thumbs:

Yup, same parent company. Infact their share the same office address in Cardiff! I used to flip flop between Elephant and Admiral as one used to be a bit cheaper than the others renewal. With multicar only on Admiral, it ballses that up a bit ;)

Dito here mate :lol:

Thats a great offer from Admiral. I really want to get a multi-car policy but my due dates for each car run in May for the Zed and september for the citroen work horse. Would i have to cancel 1 policy and reinstate it on a new 'multi' policy, or add it on when the insurance is due? Any thoughts?

Nope, it runs from when your first car needs insurance and the second runs pro-rata for the remainder of the year. Then the next year they both run together. I had to do this last year.

was there any t's and c's... ie age... im only 23 in april so im still a youngen.... or did he not mention any??

-ho

No age limits mentioned. I've been insured with Elephant or Admiral for 5years now and I'm only 26. They've always been very good for young people with fast cars. Just dont tell the reckless ones that make loads of claims, I dont want my premium going up :surrender:

Nope, it runs from when your first car needs insurance and the second runs pro-rata for the remainder of the year. Then the next year they both run together. I had to do this last year.

Thats sounds ok. Will definitely be going for a multi car policy this year.

I phoned Chris Knott earlier, and they said they don't offer the multi car policy, but will offer a discount on a second car. Had this deal with A-Plan last year, but they stitched me up when i had to renew!! they wanted more money for the citroen shed than the Zed!!! Go figure :surrender:

was there any t's and c's... ie age... im only 23 in april so im still a youngen.... or did he not mention any??

-ho

Wouldnt see it being a prob, im 22 and have had a multi car quote for a year now, will find out for ya though :thumbs:

cheers sexy.... i think ill be going with admiral regardless.... there quote for me is nothing short of amazing.. 720 quid.. all mods declared.... excess of 500 and i have 0 ncb and 2 claims..my mummy as second driver of course..........will be 23 when i renew

so as per title will just be a bonus

-ho

-ho

Wouldnt see it being a prob, im 22 and have had a multi car quote for a year now, will find out for ya though :thumbs:

cheers sexy.... i think ill be going with admiral regardless.... there quote for me is nothing short of amazing.. 720 quid.. all mods declared.... excess of 500 and i have 0 ncb and 2 claims..my mummy as second driver of course..........will be 23 when i renew

so as per title will just be a bonus

-ho

JeSus :scare: , thats miles better than mine, even when ya compare as such the individual prices, :lol: awesome price, should have 5 years N/C and wonder what ill get :wacko:

hahaha.. ive always seemed to have it lucky with insurance... vx220 turbo at 19.. insurance was 1600... i mean its hefty amount but considering car and the age of me... not bad... just think my postcode is tres good... i use to live up in place called darras hall... it would wipe 200 quid of any insurance quote i got simply because it was millionaires ville so the postcode was excellent...

so admiral it is for me... i checked a multicar policy with a scooby spec c... came to 1780 in total for spec c and z.... now im just trying to persuade my bro to go halfers with me on one....

:D

good times

hahaha.. ive always seemed to have it lucky with insurance... vx220 turbo at 19.. insurance was 1600... i mean its hefty amount but considering car and the age of me... not bad... just think my postcode is tres good... i use to live up in place called darras hall... it would wipe 200 quid of any insurance quote i got simply because it was millionaires ville so the postcode was excellent...

so admiral it is for me... i checked a multicar policy with a scooby spec c... came to 1780 in total for spec c and z.... now im just trying to persuade my bro to go halfers with me on one....

:D

good times

good times, awesome times :lol: lucky dude :teeth:

Like Chris'I, I took out an Admiral multi car policy at the beginning of the month (wife's Jazz was up for renewal) and when the ZED's renewal (already with Admiral) is due in June they will both expire at the end of Feb 2010.

The good news for me is that the equivilent 12 months fully comp/protected/legal and declaring mods with a just £150 excess, works out to just under £300. :thumbs:

That's the upside of being :wheelchair::blush:

When I filled out the details online they had a long list of mods and you ticked the relevant boxes. Having done that and not attracted a high premium it was a much more economical way than 'adding' mods later on during the insurance period as each new change you do that way seems to attract a £30 or so 'adminstartive fee' rather than meaning any higher risk factor is involved . But unlike Chris'I, any damage to the mods will be paid at OEM prices. But then given a new set of Rays from Nissan, for example, are a damn sight dearer than most aftermarket wheels I wasn't complaining :lol: