Do you use Semi or Fully Synthetic Oil

Zazur

Hi all.

I used to run my Lexus GS 430 on Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic Oil without any problems.

Before I switch my Z over just wondered if anyone had any problems with these oils?

So,

Who uses Semi or Fully Synthetic Oil?

How long have you used either Semi or Fully Synthetic Oil in your engine?

Have you had any problems using Semi or Fully Synthetic Oil?

The feedback from this topic will help me deceide which one to use as someone told me they had a problem with wear on a timing chain in their car (not a Z).

Thanks guys all your help with this decision

Notice any improvements using that Amsoil / Opeoils Dave? It's more expensive than the others but cheap at the end of the day (if it's really worth it).

I can buy Castrol 5w 30 5l for £20 from Costco, will that be as good?

Sorry to partially steal the thread but I've just checked Halfords prices on oil vs Costco and Makro and 5l of similar oil is £47.99, same as Amsoil prices, I think I'll stick to the oil from costco, still saved me around £30 for 5l !

You can get Texaco Havoline 5w-30 fully synth for £16 from Morrisons. It is 5L so you don't get ripped-off by having to buy a 4L and a 1L.

Thats very cheap for 5 ltr's of fully synthetic? :surrender: Are you sure thats right?

You can get Texaco Havoline 5w-30 fully synth for £16 from Morrisons. It is 5L so you don't get ripped-off by having to buy a 4L and a 1L.

Lotuscc - is 100% correct, bought 2 5 litres of the stuff today for £32, call me a cheap skate but who cares it will do the job.

I think this is a massive saving - nice one Lotuscc :thumbs:

Lotuscc - is 100% correct, bought 2 5 litres of the stuff today for £32, call me a cheap skate but who cares it will do the job.

I think this is a massive saving - nice one Lotuscc :thumbs:

That is a good buy. Considering Mobil 1 fully synthetic must be a tenner a litre. B)