HELP please. Broken engine belt has slashed hose

IanS16

Was driving up a slip road home and giving it some beans and i heard something that sounded like a plastic bag stuck on the front wheel. Pulled over to see what it was, popped the bonnet and one of the belts has shredded to practically a string.

The belt has also cut through one of the hoses and it was hissing. Not too much liquid coming out though.

Please see attached pics below showing which belt has gone and which pipe is cut.

ians_stuff_002.jpg

ians_stuff_003.jpg

Ian, Just poped out to the car and had a look. The belt thats gone is your air-con belt (if you didn't know that already :yawn:). I'm afraid to say the pipe it has cut through is your air-con pipe too. Hence why you haven't got loads of liquid pouring out. Bet its green too!! Sorry old pal, thats guna cost you :headhurt:

Kev

yeah pretty much new belt (no more than £5), new pipe (rubber part) its quite a short peice, however you may have to buy the whole bit from nissan, or scrap yard - aka B&Q ;)

Definately the aircon pipe though Ian. You will need it regassed as its a pressurised system and the pipe you have split has one of the filling points on it, i know this, because i've just been out in the cold :cold:

Kev