My confusion

RobbieB

Hi Guys,

I'm not feeling great about writing this, as I feel a bit of an idiot. However, if I don't ask I'll never know!

No matter how much I google it, my mechanical knowledge is so limited I am struggling to understand what it is I would be buying. So I need someone who knows exactly what they do to put it in simpleton terms for me!

Plenum Spacer - I've read the reviews, everyone recommends it. What exactly does it do to the engine?

Pop Charger - Replaces the airbox, but what exactly does it do? Increase air flow?

Sorry to be a pain :surrender:

Cheers people.

Plenum spacer sits between the upper and lower plenum and helps balance the air flow to all 6 cylinders. The stock plenum slopes towards the front, which starve the front 2 cylinders slightly. This spacer, balances out the airflow for a better A/F ratio in the front 2 cylinders.

Popcharger - replces the airbox and gives a nice roar. Meant to flow better than stock, but the Zed doesnt use it so all you get is a nice noise :)

So Plenum Spacer, Pop Charger and Induction kit would all be working towards the same goal? Can a Pop Charger and Induction kit be both fit at the same time? I know all it would essentially do is make my Z shout everytime I put my foot down, but it all adds to the smile factor!

Popcharger and induction kit are the same thing (pretty much). A popcharger is just a cone filter element that replaces the stock airbox. An induction kit can take many forms, one of which is a cone filter to replace the stock air box. A Cold Air Intake (CAI) is essentially the same thing again, but the filter is moved out of the engine bay (to the front bumper for example) or housed in its own box with a cold air feed (as the K&N Typhoon is).

So popcharger (or other induction kit) and plenum spacer will give you a nice growl and a bit more torque than standard B)

CAI = easy to fit, you can do it yourself.

Plenum = Be careful, you need to have a torque wrench as the bolts need to be torqued up correctly. There's a video on you tube, I watched the guy do it and thought, nah not doing that myself!

• 2 weeks later...