350Z Hunting - Anyone Recognise this Car?

Adrian Gail

Hi,

Someone is interested in my Girlfriends MINI so all going well we'll be going to look at some 350Z's this or next week.

It seems that there aren't many in my area (West of Scotland) in our price range ( <£12000) in the colour/spec/options we want so we might have to travel a bit to find one. My worry is that we see one we like and over the phone it sounds nice but after a 300 mi trip down south it turns out to be a dog! I was browsing autotrader and saw this for example:

(53) Azure Blue- £10750

Seems to be on the money for age etc. Cheaper than We were looking for (bonus!) But I'd like to know if anyone knows this car on the off-chance? Just because it's a private sale. The worry is obviously more than going to a garage!

Cheers

Adrian

would say it was probably a previous owner from a forum looking at the aerial. Its the first mod we all do

Not all!!! There are some rebels that like the CB ariel!

thats the ones with bad taste :p

still the aerial has been changed for a stubby B)

Looks like a tidy example - may be worth doing a car history check on it before you make the journey and have a really explicit conversation with the seller on the phone before you go. This will give you good negotiating power over anything you find that they havent told you about.

Where is the car ? obviously ideal if a forum member can give it the once over

Hi guys thanks for the responses - I'm waiting for a couple of answers about location etc from him, when I get them I'll post them up. It struck me as a nice looking car with the NISMO kit, you don't see them that often (well up here anyway!)

For the money he's asking I could add a few extras rather than having a standard one for a while!

i would SERIOUSLY advise you get a local to go and look at it before you make the big travel commitment... I went to see one 180 miles away which wasnt as expected (even from good looking pics) and almost went 250 miles to see another which was in shocking condition - which again was described in "excellent" condition by the owner but when a friend went to see it for me was in less than poor condition.. there seem to be lots of uncared for examples out there.. be careful - something that seems to be too good to be true.. 9 out of 10 is....

If you are like me who takes great pride in keeping everything in as near perfect condition.. you may be in for a long wait! (apart from buying a forum car - **most enthusiasts keep them in excellent condition)

Rob

Yeah that's my worry! I've kept all my cars in the best possible manner! I can't stand to see pin-dents which some people see as being "acceptable" these days!

Unfortunately I don't have access to my home email at work. The car I posted above is 350mi away from where I am so prob couldn't be further away!! I'll post up the location details when I get them - If anyone here that's nearby would then like to check it out and give me an honest opinion I'd really appreciate it!

[edit]

Received his response:

"Hi Adrian, i am based in Worthing In West Sussex, England. I am the 4th owner and i have owned the car for 2 years. The car came with the Nismo kit and i couldn't tell you if it was factory fitted or after market. There are stone chips but not many, the car is nearly 6 years old now so you would expect a few. The front panel/bumper gets most of the chips, but i always get that resprayed once a year, can't be helped. The rest of the paintwork is excellent, it is always looked after and washed by hand, also, the leather is in good condition. I have not had the clicking rear axle and did not know that they suffer from this! Anyway, nice car, probably too far for you to travel i expect.

Dave."

Don't know if I'm very convinced by his response? He doesn't seem to interested in selling it's features!

[/edit]

Ok... the guy coming to buy my car found out his Girlfriend was pregnant today! Don't know if it sounds like an excuse but he says he'll let me know if they are still interested!

Gutted about dropping the sale, but had to congratulate them!

Anyone want a prestine MINI CooperS? :cry: New I shouldn't have started enquiring until Ihad the oney in my hand :(

Unlucky on your sale. Reading the above, I would be cautious of a 4 owner car. Sure that it would have had a harder life than one with fewer owners. He isn't doing a great sales job on it, and as you will see elsewhere on the forum, be aware of Azure resprays. Very tricky to get the colour match right.

Believe it's 15 posts before you can advertise on the forum - but once you have that definately put a link to your for sale ad in the relevant section on here.

Good luck with it, plenty of bargain Zeds out there.