I'm not superstitious but....

scottishpedro

The last month has thrown an unbelievable set of unfortunate/could have been worse events at my z.

A month ago - hit a deer at 50mph. Expected the whole front to be caved in but only damage was a bonnet dent (popped out very nicely by a chap I have used a few times for £30) and my bumper was slightly bashed.

A week later - was drving back from my parents house, just washed the car so wondered if the brakes would be a tad wet; and out of nowhere, appeared 3 identical (I swear they could have been triplets) jack russels into the middle of the road. I slammed on the brakes and stopped 3 inches short of what could have been a giant jack russel soup. The owner didn't have them on the lead and they all ran together between parked cars.

Another week later - booked my car in to have my new yellowstuff pads fitted and got a call at work from the mechanic to tell me there was a very large screw in the sidewall of one of my tyres. I can't believe I didn't notice, this was the sort of bolt they use to to tie ships down. Anyway now have 4 new Falkens which are rather good.

Tonight - just parked back in my space outside my flat and a rather worried looking young chap came up to me to 'have a word'. 'I'm really sorry but I scraped your car earlier'. I got out for him to show me a scrape along the right hand side of my front bumper. The really weird thing is I finally gave up the search for a replacement gun metal bumper 2 days ago and got a decent quote for a place to reshape and spray my front bumper, tomorrow! What are the chances of someone scraping the only panel of my car which is to be completely re-sprayed in 12 hours time!

To be fair he was very concerned and honest enough to stand outside and wait for me to come back so he could own up. I suppose he deserved a bit of luck for that alone.

So a weird month of motoring for me. Fingers crossed the next one will be less eventful!

Pedro.