Advice required from a sparkie? Re: Cooker?

stanski

Recently fitted new kitchen and we have a slide in - Dual fuel cooker - electric oven and grill - gas hob.

ITs a Stoves cooker

Freestanding-DF600SIDOm.jpg

After a while the cooker trips the circuit?

As part of the kitchen refurb I fitted a new cooker switch on the wall - straight wire swap over nothing clever there and the cooker had to be moved forward a bit to tile behind there? So other than being moved its not gone very far?

I am going to check the cable from the wall to the cooker connection in the back of the cooker, but...... I cant see there being much tech in a cooker -just a digi timer clock and spark unit??

Only other thing is the timing clock has stopped working - but the normal clock display (digi display thing) is ok?

Do you recon it could have blewn an internal fuse??

Any ideas? :surrender:

Recently fitted new kitchen and we have a slide in - Dual fuel cooker - electric oven and grill - gas hob.

ITs a Stoves cooker

Freestanding-DF600SIDOm.jpg

After a while the cooker trips the circuit?

As part of the kitchen refurb I fitted a new cooker switch on the wall - straight wire swap over nothing clever there and the cooker had to be moved forward a bit to tile behind there? So other than being moved its not gone very far?

I am going to check the cable from the wall to the cooker connection in the back of the cooker, but...... I cant see there being much tech in a cooker -just a digi timer clock and spark unit??

Only other thing is the timing clock has stopped working - but the normal clock display (digi display thing) is ok?

Do you recon it could have blewn an internal fuse??

Any ideas? :surrender:

Anything is possible Stan. Like you say check your wiring connections again at both ends to make sure you have not trapped a neutral or something. But normally in cases like this its an electric element thats leaking more than 30mA to earth. ;)

Thanks chaps - it was working fine on the same breaker before ?

I checked the wiring to and from the cooker/wall connection and socket - all appear fine (just retightened everything in case) nothing trapped anywhere that I could see - the fan in the overn works fine and is not burnt out (cooker is 2years old only - I know that does'nt mean anything these days!)

Anyway it worked fine last night????? OK so maybe its the socket thats also on the same outlet as the cooker switch? I plugged a kettle in there and put the cooker on and the kettle - no issues?

The Fridge is normally connected to the same cooker wall socket - and thinking about it -it must have been the fridge that was causing the trip? This has also been moved during the refurb -I pulled it out from the wall, checked the wiring /fuse etc for the fridge - compressor seems ok - not trapped against anything and nothing at the back that looks damaged in anyway?

I put it back in position - made sure it was level and carefully switched it on ? Guess what its working fine - no trip outs - cooker was swicthed on - no trip outs?

Will keep an eye on it but so far so good! Thanks for the replies again chaps :thumbs:

Damn blast damn and double blast!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

Its deffo the cooker after all - it sits there quietly on standby with just the clock on and then trips the circuit breaker!

What would cause that do you think?

The fridge was left unplugged as an experiment?

I am searching t'internet for known problems with that cooker?

Do circuit breakers get tired out maybe and need replacing after a few years - this one is 12 months old?

:surrender:

I would say most likely a fault with the cooker old boy. Loose wire or shorting element perhaps? can't really think what it could be.

Stop being tight and get a man in, he needs the work you know! :lol:

Well I got a reply from my cool new forum!! They recon its a capacity device discharge issue - which is linked to the gas part so its a Corgi engineer job! Probably cheaper to buy a new cooker - even though this one still is!! (Wondered why the warranty was only 2 years!) :dry:

So it could be leaking capacitor after a certain time then causing a discharge to earth and tripping the light fantastic! :rant: