Watchmen

PhilTheForce

Anyone read the book?

(If not read it now, it's incredible)

The film comes out really soon and I for one cannot see how this deep, multi layered and pretty brutal piece of literature can work on screen.

It's already been through 5 directors and I'm worried it'll turn into a superhero cheese-fest.

Surely it would need to be about 5 hours long to work properly?! :wacko:

When does Watchmen come out over there?? We have to wait until the 5th May, which means I would have time to get hold of the book first.

I think it's out 6th March here. (I'm gonna try and check it out at the IMAX)

If you do get chance then definitely read the book before, it's unlike anything else I've ever read.

Be warned though it's pretty intense! Rape, murder, Nuclear war and psychotic superheroes...not bedtime reading. :scare:

• 2 weeks later...

Ooops, had the opening date wrong, was the 5th of March, so we saw it on IMAX on Saturday night. I thought it was a cool movie, a bit Quentin Tarantino'ish which is good for something a bit different.

Some pretty brutal scenes but in context with the movie.

Cinema even though it seats 500 was packed. Could hear some of the girls surrounding that had been dragged along by their partners making squeamish noises. :lol: